Hey. I've been thinking of trying out a seymour duncan pickup booster or a bbe sonic maximizer pedal. I've played the sonic stomp a long ago, and i dont wanna judge my opinion it valid because of the crappy amp and guitar i played through it. I'm in a band that plays gigs and all, so i was thinking that maybe the maximizer would help to bring some more definition and clarity to my sound(even though its already there). I play like alternative metal(i.e. bands like godsmack, and chevelle, and disturbed and soil)

My current setup consist of an eq, noise suppressor, stereo chorus, a dual overdrive and a wah. I've recently been using the overdrive to help bring out the harmonics and all in my tone, but the problem is that we use a lot of clean tones too. So i had to scratch that idea because the overdrive still made my tone a little more crunchy with it even at low settings. I tried to find a happy medium, but no go. So instead of dancing around my pedals to put on chorus or flanger and turning off the gain channel and then turning all that back on or off again, i figured there had to be an easier way.

So my real question is does either of these pedals mess with your cleans to the point that their not desirable? I want that bright gain, but nice smooth cleans. I would just go to guitar center or samash and try them out, but i cant really get a valid answer, because
1.) You cant play as loud as i would at practice or a gig
2.) The amp and guitar i own isnt in the stores and if i bring my pedal board, it be too much of a hassle!

Sorry for talking so much, but please i really need the help. Someone has to own one!
a clean boost would help too, like the MXR microamp.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
no, it adds transparent gain to drive tubes harder. it just increases the signal going in, to dirty it a bit.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
so is it all volume related? Cuz i really only want the gain boosted. I'm already playing loud as hell, so i dont wanna have the possibility of blowing out my speaking with volume boosting.
Quote by ready2breakdown
so is it all volume related? Cuz i really only want the gain boosted. I'm already playing loud as hell, so i dont wanna have the possibility of blowing out my speaking with volume boosting.

You're probably not gonna blow your speakers with a clean boost. The boost will simply boost your preamp tubes causing extra gain. Especially if its tube
oh, if it's not tube, it won't do anything besides make it louder.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
damn i never win will i? well please if you have any other alternatives or ideas let me know please. and thanks so much to everybody whos has commented already, this will really help me greatly.