omg...funiest thing ever! vid of dragonforce doing supernintendo noices...even they said so. check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtUiQJc7ZMI&mode=related&search=

sorry if it's been posted before, but i thought it was so effin' hilarious!!!

EDIT: to those saying that they suck and what not: i personally don't really like them but i do admit that they're pretty good at what they do.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Jan 19, 2007,
Dragonforce sucks, and so do you for thinking they're legitamate power metal.
Yes, quite old, but some of those things are quite cool to do.
My gear:
OLP John Petrucci Sig.
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Mesa/Boogie .50 Caliber+ 112
my thoughts on how dragonforce came to be:

Herman - hey, you wanna start a band, play really fast and call it Wankingforce?
Sam - yeah, but lets call it Dragonforce instead.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Last edited by Doodleface at Jan 19, 2007,
Why aren't they? Just cause they're popular now, it doesn't mean they aren't still power metal. I mean, I don't like them anymore (I thought Inhuman Rampage sucked and I just grew out of them) but they're still doing the same thing as always.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
They are one of the worst bands out there right now. They suck mad ****.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
You make this sound as if they weren't influenced by old-school video game music.
Quote by Gman400
Why aren't they? Just cause they're popular now, it doesn't mean they aren't still power metal. I mean, I don't like them anymore (I thought Inhuman Rampage sucked and I just grew out of them) but they're still doing the same thing as always.

Basically, Statovarius took a shit and the end result is Dragonforce. They are to power metal as My Chemical Romance is to punk
Then what is Sonata Arctica? Emo?
Quote by Gman400
Then what is Sonata Arctica? Emo?

How dare you, Sonata Artica is actual legitamate power metal!!!
Quote by cockzit
How dare you, Sonata Artica is actual legitamate power metal!!!

But Sonata Arctica is considered an almost carbon-copy of Stratovarius, as well. I don't see the difference other than that SA is awesome and Dragonforce is super-fast and semi-popular.
Silly silly boys! but I like some of their songs.

P.S. is it only me who thinks he sounds like like a cockney jackie chan?
Quote by STRAT811
They are one of the worst bands out there right now. They suck mad ****.

what are you talking about? how do they suck? im pretty sure this many people dont come to see your crap band play now do they?

Quote by TonyRandall

you are definately a skilled writer.

myspace.

my band

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~

Member of the USA LAUGAM HIT SQUAD
Quote by 吉他手成年
MCR is better than punk, so are you saying DragonForce is better than power metal?

MCR is better than punk? Oh yeah, when I'm out having beers with my buddies, my music of choice would be angst ridden bullshit with whiny vocals and pop-punk riffs. Oh yeah, I'd rather listen to that than NOFX or the Sex Pistols Dragonforce basically try to show off skills they don't even have, that's why they suck more **** than you at a truck stop mens room.
Quote by cockzit
Dragonforce basically try to show off skills they don't even have:

got a video of your skills?
Quote by TonyRandall

myspace.

my band

Quote by cockzit
MCR is better than punk? Oh yeah, when I'm out having beers with my buddies, my music of choice would be angst ridden bullshit with whiny vocals and pop-punk riffs. Oh yeah, I'd rather listen to that than NOFX or the Sex Pistols Dragonforce basically try to show off skills they don't even have, that's why they suck more **** than you at a truck stop mens room.

Great way to back up your claims.
Quote by cockzit
Oh yeah, I'd rather listen to that than NOFX or the Sex Pistols.

I know I certainly would. Although I don't listen to punk-pop, I'd chose it any day over "classic" punk, such as the Sex Pistols. It's not even music, people just listen to it because it gives them an image. The Sex Pistols picked up instruments they didn't know how to play, they bashed them around and forced together a few songs and then just laughed at how people actually listened to/enjoyed the shit that they made.

As for the thread: After seeing Dragonforce live, I'm was slightly disappointed. Also, I get slightly annoyed by their music after a while. I still like the band though, I have nothing against them. It seems everyone dislikes them now because they're on MTV. In the beginning, they were all-the-rage.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by 吉他手成年
I doubt DragonForce doesn't have skill... If you could play like them you would probably do the same thing. Just because bands get popular doesn't mean they suck. If common sense serves me well, bands that have more people listening to them tend to be better. Just my opinion, though.

agreed.
Quote by TonyRandall

myspace.

my band

SForbz-Rockstar, i've seen that video...that's how i ended up with the one i posted.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by 吉他手成年
I doubt DragonForce doesn't have skill... If you could play like them you would probably do the same thing. Just because bands get popular doesn't mean they suck. If common sense serves me well, bands that have more people listening to them tend to be better. Just my opinion, though.

They're only popular because idiots like you watch them on TV and think "Lyke OMGZ, I have to go buy thier album!! They're on TV so they must be good!!!". See, unfortunately this is how things work and very rarely is a popular band ever any good.
Quote by cockzit
See, unfortunately this is how things work and very rarely is a popular band ever any good.

officially, you have no idea what you are talking about.

in this day and age of technological reproduction, there is no other way of hearing about bands except for over the internet or on television. sure the radio can sometimes help but the only time they play non top-40 stuff is late at night. you arent going to see a random flyer and like the way their logo is represented and go see them, especially if youve never heard of them before. you hear of them online or on tv, you go buy(or download) their music and you either like what you hear or you dont. by all means have your opinion, but you dont need to spray it all over the forums.

and who are you to say that their music sucks? everyone is out there doing the same thing, trying to get their art across for the love of their music. stop being artard.
Quote by TonyRandall

myspace.

my band

wow he stole a lot of Dimebag's tricks.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Quote by cockzit
They're only popular because idiots like you watch them on TV and think "Lyke OMGZ, I have to go buy thier album!! They're on TV so they must be good!!!". See, unfortunately this is how things work and very rarely is a popular band ever any good.

When Sonic Firestorm & Valley of the Damned were out, everyone thought Dragonforce were the shit. Now that Inhuman Rampage is out and has gained some mass appeal, everyone dislikes them. It's the classic "I don't like this band because everyone else does and I'm an individual" type attitude.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Except in my case ^_^ haha, because I still like them in general. It's just when, after not listening to them or hearing about them for quite a while, I heard about Inhuman Rampage and when I listened to it I just...genuinely didn't like it. Then I noticed they were popular. I see a lot of the elitist type thing in the metal community as far as popularity goes, but for some of us at least, Inhuman Rampage was just not good, and that probably contributed a lot to the "diss dragonforce" trend.
Quote by Smokey Amp
When Sonic Firestorm & Valley of the Damned were out, everyone thought Dragonforce were the shit. Now that Inhuman Rampage is out and has gained some mass appeal, everyone dislikes them. It's the classic "I don't like this band because everyone else does and I'm an individual" type attitude.

I agree. I'll use Trivium as an example.

When Trivium first got any mass exposure (that I can think of), it was on telly. They played the video for 'Like Light to the Flies', are couple of months before the album came out. At first I thought "Ah, this is bollocks" and turned it over. After a few listens I grew to like the song, and when I heard they were releasing Ascendancy, I went and bought the album before anyonein my area. I loved it (and still do) and I went around telling people about Trivium, and I got just about all my mates into them.

A few months past and they released 'Pull Harder..' and 'A Gunshot..' as singles. A few started to go off them, but more started liking them.

Then they released 'Dying in your Arms' and they gained a huge fanbase on that one song. Suddenly, just about all my friends who had previously liked Trivium, hated them.

To this day I still don't understand why. They are talented musicians and they like to show it. Just like Dragonforce. Just because a load of people that you don't knwo like them, doesn't mean you can't

/End rant.
I enjoy a hearty roast dinner...

...for breakfast.
Quote by Mr.Rodgers
I agree. I'll use Trivium as an example.

When Trivium first got any mass exposure (that I can think of), it was on telly. They played the video for 'Like Light to the Flies', are couple of months before the album came out. At first I thought "Ah, this is bollocks" and turned it over. After a few listens I grew to like the song, and when I heard they were releasing Ascendancy, I went and bought the album before anyonein my area. I loved it (and still do) and I went around telling people about Trivium, and I got just about all my mates into them.

A few months past and they released 'Pull Harder..' and 'A Gunshot..' as singles. A few started to go off them, but more started liking them.

Then they released 'Dying in your Arms' and they gained a huge fanbase on that one song. Suddenly, just about all my friends who had previously liked Trivium, hated them.

To this day I still don't understand why. They are talented musicians and they like to show it. Just like Dragonforce. Just because a load of people that you don't knwo like them, doesn't mean you can't

/End rant.

I agree. If you like it, you should like it. If everyone else likes it, and so do you...thenyou should like it.