Page 1 of 2
I thought it was OK, I really liked some of the realistic depiction of combat but I didn't like the way they just had to have the black guy always be the one killing women and children. It wasn't as good as the book though.
Oh man. Black Hawk Down is probably one of the most UN-American films ever....
Trust America to f*ck up a military operation in the desert...

Hang on...The events in Somalia - 1993
...Invasion of Iraq...2003?!
Coincidence?!
Yah, I have it on DVD. Brilliant war film.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
I think you're reading into the fact that he's black a bit too much. It's not like they portrayed him like he enjoyed it. She picked up a gun so she's not a civilian anymore.
21st Century Digital Boy
a lot of artistic license taken with that film, it was good, but it's more ... based on a bit of a story, then based on a true story
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Great film. My dad and my grandpa really enjoyed it.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
I didn't like what I saw of it much, but I never watched the whole thing through so my opinion...sucks.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
I thought the movie was great. It had great realism and some parts were pretty sad. Like the boy shooting his dad, or the woman getting shot after she picked up the AK.
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
The book was much better but I liked the movie too. I like reading books and if they have a movie I like to see it in th director's eyes and see how different their imagination(or the real scene) is.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
book>Film, although the info on the bootcamps was fun, Delta Camp>Ranger Camp

Delta camps first day consisted of playing with explosives, ranger camp consisted of drilling.
i love war movies,but i never get the plot,i always get caught up waiting for the sweet action
Aye its in my top 3 war films.

WW2: take a wild guess... Yep, Saving Private Ryan

Vietnam: We Were Soliders

Modern: Black Hawk Down

Cheers.
Apocalypse Now, *M*A*S*H*, Full Metal Jacket, TORA! TORA! TORA!, Patton
Holy crap, my UG account still exists?
I can see SPR and BHD on your list but you should check out some others... The Thin Red Line, Platoon, Full Metal Jacket, The Longest Day, To Hell and Back(Great book too).
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
i couldnt watch it all, ive tried watching it twice.... it gets really boring and repetitive
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
Platoon is one of my favourites. Thats the physical side of war, Apocolyse Now is the mentle and degradation of war. War sucks. Pacificm rules!
execellent film. one of my all time favorites.
And we will send you to whatever God you wish...
Black Hawk down was just well done. It did a good job of staying out of the whole, "just war, unjust war" banter and portrayed the soldiers as good men. It was excellent.
Good movie, and it keeps the extremely annoying American propaganda stuff (as found in similar movies) down, and focuses on the battle.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
^yeah, out of all the hollywood blockbuster war depictions, it's probably one of the best. and i love choppers for some reason so it's kind of good in that way.

and it has the added bonus of a very small amount of stars and stripes-kind of things.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
I really love that film, definitely one of the better war films

Plus... you get to watch Orlando Bloom fall out of a helicopter, it's not often you get to see that...
I liked Black Hawk Down. The scene where the two sharpshooters go in to save the pilots is great.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
I find war movies are pretty epic... but most of them are too "GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!"

Although I've heard that the Thin Red Line and Clint Eastwood's new ones are supposed to be pretty not like that.
It's like any other war movie:

Not as good as the book, but not as bad as real war.
Great movie, but nothing can beat the Band of Brothers series
Quote by Burtonjp
Thats right.. I'm drooling over your body... *walks off and registers as a gay sex offender *

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
saw it in the cinema years ago. good movie from what i remember, I must watch it again actually.

there are better war movies though. saving private ryan and full metal jacket are two off the top of my head.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Band of Brothers > Every Other War Movie/Series... Ever

*yawn*

Quote by Witch-king
*yawn*

Why the yawn?

I did forget about SPR though. That movie was fucking awesome.

Okay

SPR > BOB > Everything Else
Quote by MDoggDX316
I thought the movie was great. It had great realism and some parts were pretty sad. Like the boy shooting his dad, or the woman getting shot after she picked up the AK.

I thought the boy shooting his dad was kinda funny.
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
Quote by Pacifica112J
Why the yawn?

meh, I remember watching the first few episodes on tv and thought it was really boring.

each to his own though.

Quote by Witch-king
meh, I remember watching the first few episodes on tv and thought it was really boring.

each to his own though.

I was hooked after I saw some guy pissing on his rifle to unfreeze it.

To each his own, though. The WWII thing is becoming very tired.
I like it. Sizemore really makes the movie good, for me. I love his voice, it SOUNDS like a war hero voice.

I thought it was good, though. Not the best ever, but overall pretty decent.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
My next door neighbor in Fort Drum was Colonel Steel, Cpt. Steel portrayed in the movie. Great guy, quite larger than the actor who portrayed him. And wasn't the dick they painted him as. He has never read the book or watched the movie and doesn't intend to.

He also played offensive line at Georgia when they won the National Championship with Hershel Walker.
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
Page 1 of 2