Hey, the time has come to concider selling my old combo and moving to a halfstack. However, i'm no good at spending money, cheaper the better . So I have an idea and i wanna know if its alright. I own a Bass POD XT Live, a fantastic preamp. I never use the preamp part of the head in my combo, i just bypass it and use the POD. So, would it be better to buy a poweramp and cab rather than a head and cab? Also is this cheaper? Cheers for any help. Ste.
Never plan anything - it's much more fun to go and do something else. The most surprising thing about planning is the faliure that seems to always succeed it.

Sir John Harvey (Changed a bit - couldnt remember the original.. Meh, this one's tonnes better :P)
Cheers, i've never thought of powered cabs. I thought they were only for PA. Can they take Bass frequency easily?
Never plan anything - it's much more fun to go and do something else. The most surprising thing about planning is the faliure that seems to always succeed it.

Sir John Harvey (Changed a bit - couldnt remember the original.. Meh, this one's tonnes better :P)
If you don't know if it can take bass frequencies head on over to the manufacturers website and look at the frequency response ratings.

If you play a 4 string, a cab that can handle 40Hz is fine. If you play a 5 you need to be able to go down to 30Hz.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
Cheers, can anyone advise any decent active cabs? And i know behringer is usially a little crap but how are there power amps? Cheers.