ok i must admit its abit gross but anyway i have an ingoran toenail and i have to see the doctor in a couple of days i already putting cream on it and its getting better but i might have to get it cut off but does anyone no any ways to make it heal?
ya man, ive been dealing with ingrowns on my big toes for years.. really going to the doc and having him slice down the sides of your nail to the root is the best and only true fix.. granted i have not been bothered by mine for a long time now.. first thing you cant cut your toes in circles , you gotta leave them straight cut end to end. then cut a V out in the middle of the nail.. then take the file part of the clippers (this is going to hurt) and slide it down into the ingrown portion and then pull then ingrown nail out and bend it backwards... keep at the tug out and pull and bend thing for a few days and the skin will heal underneath holding the nail out. by the time the V grows out the nail should have fixed itself.. but like i said in the beggining , this is a painful route, the doc is much better
Ingrown TOES? Dear Buddha, man, that sounds awful!
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
i had an ingrown nail on my toe, and on the bus somebody stepped on my foot and it went into the skin and got really infected. It wasnt fun. If you soak your foot in hot water with Epson salts, it will soften the tissue around the nail. it will help if you do that.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Quote by Loosfur
ya man, ive been dealing with ingrowns on my big toes for years.. really going to the doc and having him slice down the sides of your nail to the root is the best and only true fix.. granted i have not been bothered by mine for a long time now.. first thing you cant cut your toes in circles , you gotta leave them straight cut end to end. then cut a V out in the middle of the nail.. then take the file part of the clippers (this is going to hurt) and slide it down into the ingrown portion and then pull then ingrown nail out and bend it backwards... keep at the tug out and pull and bend thing for a few days and the skin will heal underneath holding the nail out. by the time the V grows out the nail should have fixed itself.. but like i said in the beggining , this is a painful route, the doc is much better

i nearly got sick reading that
Quote by Kyle Gass
Ingrown Toenails should be outlawed, along with talking about them on the net.

and who forced u ? anyway yea they really suk my ssiter stoped her foot on it i holidays with hiking boots on man it hurt like hell she said sh didnt no it wqas on that fooot nbut she lied
The best thing to do is to get it fixed. I had one a few years ago. I was scared but the only thing that hurt was the shot to numb my toe. They only cut out a tiny bit. You have to treat it for about a month but that's nothing. The doctor kills the root so you'll never have an ingrown toenail there again. If you have one I highly suggest getting that done. I don't have any problems anymore and you can't even tell anything was done.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
Quote by bobthesgman
What does this have to do with guitars?
This is what the Pit's for. You're not supposed to talk about guitars in here. That's for the other forums.
Quote by bobthesgman
What does this have to do with guitars?

you're new i see?

welcome to the pit
1 month damn it i got soccer trials in a couple of weeks man that suks awell iwas i top team last year hopefully i get agoiid word poput in (its also on my kicking fioot) but thqts off subject
Quote by properBo
I've been struggling with ingrown toenails for ages, but if you want it done properly go to a chiropidist and they'll do it right so it doesn't come back.
What the **** is a chiropodist? Is that another name for a podiatrist because that's who I saw...
I didn't really get what an ingrown toenail was...

So I googled it...

I didn't have a signature until now.
yeah that happened to me before right before i went to summer camp when i was still in boy scouts. people accidentally stepped on it a few times and i dropped stuff on it, that wasn't fun. eventually during camp my dad picked me up on his way home from work and took me to a doctor. they said they might've had to amputate my big toe, but they didn't have to, they just cut off my whole nail and some tissue and i had to keep my toe in a bandage for a week.
Quote by beetroot10
1 month damn it i got soccer trials in a couple of weeks man that suks awell iwas i top team last year hopefully i get agoiid word poput in (its also on my kicking fioot) but thqts off subject
No it doesn't take amonth to heal, you just have to keep it from infecting for a month. Once it's gone you have no problems. Ask the doctor but you shouldn't have to not play soccer for more than a week.

That picture is nasty above. Mine was nowhere even close to that. Mine was getting pussy(haha.. like pus I mean) and then my friends thought it'd be funny to stomp on it. I wanted to kick those asshole's heads in but it got fixed a few hours later and I was fine. My toe was numb for about 24 hours though.
Bah, just get yourself drunk (that way you feel less pain) and rip it out yourself like a real man!
Then it gets infected and looks like the one above when it grows back... then you lose your toe.
Okay... looked at Wikipedia...

I think I might've had some ingrown toenails with like, my... 2nd littlest toe. The equivilant to the ring finger lol.
The nail was cutting into the skin on the side and yeah. Was red and swollen and shit. Had that at least a couple of times.

But I never had to go to a doctor or anything, they always fixed themselves somehow...
I didn't have a signature until now.
u can tell if u have 1 pu push in on either side and if u feel paib when your not using a heap of pressure u probably got 1 i got 1 on my big toe blood comes out and so does puss but only wen im in tight shies like soccer boots or soemthing
I was in EMT school and had my clinical at an Emergency Room(not exactly about ingrown toenails, but...). This guy smashed his thumb somehow, broke it and needed stitches under his thumbnail. I watched the doctor tear off his thumbnail and then stitch his finger up. He then cut the nail to a small size and sewed the root back on so his thumbnail would grow back. The ingrown toenail thing reminded me of this. The way that was done was similar to my toenail but the thumbnail was on a much higher scale... as in what was done.
Quote by beetroot10
u can tell if u have 1 pu push in on either side and if u feel paib when your not using a heap of pressure u probably got 1 i got 1 on my big toe blood comes out and so does puss but only wen im in tight shies like soccer boots or soemthing
I seriously suggest getting it done. It's not that big of a deal. It takes 20 minutes, plus your toe is really infected. If you don't you're gonna get another one and have this problem later man.
I had ingrown toenails on both of my big toes on both sides. I went to the podiatrist, he gave me surgery right there in his office. Wasn't that bad. My toenails are pretty yellowish now, though.
worst pain ive felt is when i got mine fixed
e|----------5-------7-5h7p5---5--
B|-------5----8p5-------------8---8p5--
G|-5h6-----------------------------------7b9r--p5---5b--
D|-----------------------------------------------------7-----7-7~~~
Mine went away after I stopped going to school. Walking home from school is what was screwing it up.
omg i get those alot, they hurt like a bitch, i got hit in football and it ripped the side of my toe open, bleed all over my cleat, hurt like a mother ****er. haha i dunno, i just kinda cut out the pointy part
Quote by The Leader
You know what they found in Jeffrey Dahmers freezer?
...Ben and Jerry (ba dum bum psh)

Quote by ninemonthmedia
if there was a metal jail, Metallica would be Pantera’s bitch

RIP Kurt Cobain
RIP Dimebag Darrell
Burn in hell Nathan Gale
i had to have two operations on mine

and my brother had to have his whole nail taken out

it runs in the family
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
i had that once... they cut down the sides and killed the root and everything, but the nail just got ingrown again.

I CAN TOTALLY EXPLAIN THAT... I HAD... uh... UNPROTECTED SEX WITH A PORCUPINE