mk....on my ibanez w/ tune-o-matic bridge...in front of the tail piece, it has "saddles" for the strings and little bolts that move them forward and bakwards.....the manuel says it changes "Intonation" what does that mean? i cant tell much of a difference when its forward than backward...
UG's HIPPIE
It just slightly adjusts the length of the string, thus allowing you to shorten or lengthen the scale of the guitar if the upper frets are out of tune. To check your intonation the harmonic at the twelfth fret should be in tune with the open string.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

Correct intonation means to have your guitar be perfectly in tune all the way up the neck. If you play the 12th fret harmonic on a string, and it is in tune, then the fretted note should also be in tune. If not, you will have to move the saddle foreward or backwards.

If the fretted note is sharp, move the saddle backwards. If the fretted note is flat, move the saddle foreward.

You wont notice a huge difference if your are doing mostly single notes. But for chords high up on the neck, it makes a world of difference.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Quote by blynd_snyper
i need this question answered aswell. So the harmonic on the 12th fret should be equal to the open string? or 12th fret normal note?

the 12th fret normal note
But it should be equal to the open string too, just an octave higher
My Space Add me, I want some UG people on there

Gear
Squier Strat
Ibanez RG7321
OLP John Petrucci Sig Model
'78 Martin D-28
Line 6 Spider II 15 Watt
Peavey Backstage 15 Watt

Carpe Diem...
...Seize the Day