#1
I'm at a friend's house right now, but he's out so I'm here on my own. Anyway, I was playing his guitar and I went over to switch off the main light with the guitar plugged in and still in my hand and because the light switch casing is made fully of metal, it somehow conducted the electricity from the guitar into the light switch, which passed through me. Ouch, it felt like someone drop kicked me in the stomach, I had no idea what was going on.

I've had like static shock and what not before, but never an actual electricity shock. That was definitely a new experience.

Share your stories of electrocution.

EDIT: Shit, I typed 'First' wrong.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Jan 19, 2007,
#2
Was plugging in the adapter for a pedal and my finger somehow got in between the plug and the outlet (no I did not do it on purpose). I got a surge of electricity up my arm. It scared the shit out of me at first but I realized how funny it was about 10 seconds afterwards.
With a name like Yakult, it has to be good. Vote Yakult.

Member #11 of the "...Still Waiting for the Zombie
Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp


Roland Deschain of UG's Heroes and Villains Clubs.
#4
My friends old Acoustic amp wasn't grounded at the jack, so everytime you were plugged into it and touched the strings and something else metal you would get shocked. Me and my bassist used to shock each other every two seconds at band practice with that amp.
#5
Where I used to live the oven and fridge were close, but if you'd touch both at the same time you'd get a HUGE voltage going through your body. My parents never got around to fixing it but one day my mom was eating and I accidentally touched both and my hands just closed together on the handles and I started screaming and my whole body was like paralyzed I couldn't move at all my mom grabbed the mop that was right beside her and pulled me off. I could of died right there. All day my heart was beating fast and my arms were really numb. A couple of hours after that happened my mom phoned an electrician and got it fixed.
#6
In like 1st grade I stuck some little piece of metal in an outlet. What a little dumbass I was.
My hair was all frizzy and stuff.
#7
My big sister told me the fence wasn’t electrical, so i went up to it and leaned on it. The rest is basically self explanatory.
Member of the "On the Right Track" club. PM Michelangelo193 or raise_the_dead to see if they approve of your "On the Right Track"-ness
I am Spartikus


Tremulous name: <CD>Mustang?
#8
I was pulling my cord from my bass amp out of a surge protector and touched the prongs. Ouch. It wasn't too bad tho. Mad me mad more than anything.
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
#9
i touched the metal points of a broken plug socket, shocked my right arm and shouted 'BOLLOCKS', really really loud.

was a good laugh really!
.My Rig.

Ibanez GAX75
Laney LV300T
Behringer UD100 ULTRA DISTORTION [lol]
Dano Octave Metal
Dunlop Crybaby
#10
i've touched our electric fence numerous times. i tasered my armpit and my nipple. at my old church i played in the praise band, and i was using a tube amp that wasn't grounded and random people would shocked when touching me or the guitar, or i'd get shocked, but it wasn't bad. then one time while i was holding my guitar i checked a mic to see if it was on and my lip touched the mic and i got a huge jolt, it was pretty cool.
#11
when you take the electric fence with your entire hand (i mean, not only one finger is touching) and you leave it there, your arm is shaking like crazy...kinda wish i've never done that lol
#12
was cutting grass, then cut the cable, so i i got a nasty shock, if it hadnt been for the circuit breaker you would be short 1 member of the boards
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
#13
short circuit the whole house with a dodgy amp plug, eletric shock and power loss, pretty funny, quite... shocking
Nicolle. Me. Got it?
#14
Quote by Ranxston
Where I used to live the oven and fridge were close, but if you'd touch both at the same time you'd get a HUGE voltage going through your body. My parents never got around to fixing it but one day my mom was eating and I accidentally touched both and my hands just closed together on the handles and I started screaming and my whole body was like paralyzed I couldn't move at all my mom grabbed the mop that was right beside her and pulled me off. I could of died right there. All day my heart was beating fast and my arms were really numb. A couple of hours after that happened my mom phoned an electrician and got it fixed.

i want to live there.
#15
Quote by bassmaniac101
My big sister told me the fence wasn’t electrical, so i went up to it and leaned on it. The rest is basically self explanatory.
I was at a wedding at a sort of farmhouse place...


I tried to prove that the fence wasn't electric by grabbing it with my hand.
I didn't have a signature until now.
#17
I have this really crappy bass and i trod on the lead by accident which ripped the input jack out of the scratchplate and took part of the 'plate with it, anyway i taped it back up and was playing it when all of a sudden it shocked me! Wasn't too bad though, i made all my friends play it and "forgot" to mention the slight problem, that kept me entertained
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.



Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
#18
Quote by acidity
i touched the metal points of a broken plug socket, shocked my right arm and shouted 'BOLLOCKS', really really loud.

was a good laugh really!



hahahaha bollocks!!! thats awsome!!! hahaha
#19
I shocked myself when I went to unplug my amp from an outlet, with my guitar in my other hand. It didn't hurt or anything, just left a weird feeling in my hand for a couple seconds.
#20
Quote by x_rox
short circuit the whole house with a dodgy amp plug, eletric shock and power loss, pretty funny, quite... shocking
*chortle*

*slaps knee*
I didn't have a signature until now.
#21
Quote by IbanezPlayer27
I've done that...Its not so pleasant.

and touching an electric fence.

haha me my friends live near a small electric fence for a horse. we used to lay a metal bar on it and see who could hold on the longest... grill lighters are fun, too.
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
#22
I got shocked by an electric fence this summer.
We were at our summer cottage, which is pretty much out in the woods, surrounded by a couple of fields where there are usually sheep.
I was throwing frisbee with my cousins and the frisbee accidentally went inside one of the sheep pens, so i decided to go get it. I thought it would be safe to take off the fence wiring using the handles at the gate thingy, and i didn't even think the power was on, since there were no sheep there at the moment.

So i took one of the handles off and held it against my chest so the wire wouldn't tangle with the next one.
I figured the whole handle would be plastic and therefore isolated, so i didn't really think of where i put it. Then, all of a suddenly, i felt a real big shock right in the middle of my chest. It really hurt, and at first i thought someone had thrown something at me. Kinda scary, i didn't really know if it was dangerous or not.
I guess i got a bigger shock than i would have gotten from just touching the wires, since all the electricity stopped in me, instead of going on past the handle.