When playing notes that are on the same fret, but are on a different string, do you use the same finger as you did playing the previous string, or cheat and use another finger to get more legato?

This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about.

e-------
b-------
g------
d-----2-----
a---------2
e------

So would you play the the 2nd fret of the a string with the same finger as you did with d string, or use another finger?
it depends on how fast your going, and your personal preferance.

on some somes i use one finger and roll it, like Glasgow Kiss.

others i use two fingers to get more control of muting and vibrato and other things.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
if you mean fret, i think you'd use the 7th fret on the a string to match pitch/tone/whatever with the 2nd fret on the d string
Quote by gatewaytobeyond
if you mean fret, i think you'd use the 7th fret on the a string to match pitch/tone/whatever with the 2nd fret on the d string

na dude, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm saying what people's preferences are about how they play strings consecutively on the same fret. Doodleface got it.

I would think rolling the finger would be the most straightfoward of doing it, just it can be kinda hard when moving over many strings. Using different fingers of changing it to suit legato can make it very awkward to play, you could get tied up pretty quickly.
Oh **** I gotta do vibrato