I'm pretty sure i'm soon going to invest in a Boss ME50. A few things i would like to find out before i buy one include:

Can the same AC adaptors be used for boss stomp boxes (IE DS1 ect) as for the me50?

Is the difference in sound quality noticeabley different from that of a board of different pedals?

How quickly does it munch through thoose 6 AA batteries?

Hope you ME50 owners can help me...

Thanks,
Alex
Member of "The True British Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
I dont know i can however reccomend the me-50,It goes thorugh batteries farily quicy,about 8 hrs..one week maybe.
I love mine it doesent matter what guitar/amp you have it can make it sound good.....sorry for typing im drunk
Epi Lp Custom-->Ernie Ball VPJR-->Visual Sound Jekyll And Hyde-->Boss TU-2-->Boss Tr-2-->ISP Decimator-->Dan-Electro Reel Echo-->MXR Micro Amp-->Laney VC-30 2x10

The Cubists
Thanks, drunk? I don't blame ya...
Member of "The True British Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
Last edited by darkspider 0 at Jan 19, 2007,
no, AC adapters that are used for stomp boxes won't work on the me50, so u'll have to buy a new one the dealers should hook u up with the right one . as for sound, dude, its ****ing great.
SICfreak
I just bought an adaptor from Dick Smiths and it works fine, and it has the negative polarity thing that all Boss pedals have, and digitech. It sounds great when used through a good amp, not so good through a cheap one.
i use a cheap £3.50 adapter i got from a cheap shop, its the same kind i use on normal boss stomp boxes and it works fine.
as for sounding the same as stomp boxes, im not sure about everything but iv got a berhinger to800 overdrive pedal and the scream setting on the me-50(tube screamer setting i believe) sounds almost the same, i use an epi les paul and a dsl401 amp
I hated the me50, I got it on a trade. had it for a couple of days, used it non-stop and never got a good tone out of it, at least not the tone I was looking for.

Its pretty fun to get weird tones out of.

I didnt have the adapter, but id say get it because by the time you buy all the batteries you will have one.
Cheers, i have it now and the adapter i have doesn't work with it, it won't fit in the input. Which is strange becasue 6 AA batteries still output 9v like the 9v batteries you put in other stomp boxes.

I do love the thing, but my amp is so old and tattered I can barely hear what its giving me.

Still, i sure am having fun with it. I admit it doesn't give a good metal tone there, but thats not the sound i'm looking for.
Last edited by darkspider 0 at Jan 28, 2007,