When I drop D tune, the Sixth (Top) (changed from E to D) string becomes difficult to pluck/sound.

Is it supposed to be like that??

It's really annoying.

Whats the best way around it?
are u lowering it to Drop D? either that or it could be ur bridge or guitar specs
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
What makes it difficult? Is it loose? Be specific as to why it is difficult.
Go get your shovel.
its called "drop D", so you have to lower the pitch of the string by loosening it rather than tightening it.
Top lel.
Well, that is your problem, you are supposed to lower the string to D. I'm surprised the string didn't break.
Go get your shovel.
Umm, you should not tighten it. It should be loosened just a whole step. That sounds like your problem.
Thats pretty hard to do though!

Normally if i loosen it goes to a seventh string B sound (my guitar is not seven stringed)

anymore loose and it'll be too slack.
yeah i got it rite on the first post!
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
Quote by Wraith1987
Thats pretty hard to do though!

Normally if i loosen it goes to a seventh string B sound (my guitar is not seven stringed)

anymore loose and it'll be too slack.

It shouldn't be too loose if you only go to D.
Go get your shovel.
tune to stardard, now, lower the e string 2 frets, so that when you fret a 2, it sounds like an e
K thanks.

I'll try it out in a bit.

I cant tune by ear so I use a Korg tuner that i got for £15.

Hopefully it should be able to display D on the top string as well.

Thanks a bunch!

Hope you all prosper in life!
Dude. Drop d is when you drop your LOW E string [The bottom string] to D. Double drop is when you tune both Ds down. It isn't NECESSARY to do double drop D though, dude.
My Band

Equipment:
ESP EC-500 EMG 81/85
Mesa Boogie MK III
Marshall 1960B cab
Quote by IXI Streak IXI
Dude. Drop d is when you drop your LOW E string [The bottom string] to D. Double drop is when you tune both Ds down. It isn't NECESSARY to do double drop D though, dude.

Dumbass, he already knows.
Go get your shovel.
I'm really surprised your string didn't snap and you managed to tune it a minor seventh above the intended note. But yeah, you've figured it out so I'll leave you be.

Low E is the TOP string!! The SIXTH string. The THICKEST one. Drop D lets you play power chords with one finger.

I'm really surprised your string didn't snap and you managed to tune it a minor seventh above the intended note. But yeah, you've figured it out so I'll leave you be.

I'm surprised as well! but that string is pretty thick, not sure what gauge it is tho cuz the strings were on the guitar when i got it. They are D'Addario strings.
Quote by Wraith1987
Low E is the TOP string!! The SIXTH string. The THICKEST one. Drop D lets you play power chords with one finger.

I'm surprised as well! but that string is pretty thick, not sure what gauge it is tho cuz the strings were on the guitar when i got it. They are D'Addario strings.

Im gonna fill you in on a little secret. Even though the low E is on the top, it is considered the bottom string.

And on most occasions when a guitar comes with D'Addarios they are 9 gauge strings.
Go get your shovel.
Lol thanks for the info on the strings.

Dunno most guitar books/articles ive read have mentioned it as the top string... i think...

Of course in tablature its the bottom string, i know that.

Thx anyway.
Just press the b button twice on your Korg tuner and down tune the thick E string untill it's D .