using a wah pedal and i was wondering if you guys could find me some vids or articles or some thing to help get me started
you need a talk box, a wah can kinda work, but nothing too neat. . .
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by tubadude
you need a talk box, a wah can kinda work, but nothing too neat. . .

well i just wanna make it sound vocal
No dude I see you want to make your guitar have that very vocal wah wah sound , try getting a dunlop slash model or one with a q-tone. It's all about the way you move it , use it to flow your sound not just in a up and down strict motion. As for me I use the original crybaby , and I get a very vocal wah.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
No dude I see you want to make your guitar have that very vocal wah wah sound , try getting a dunlop slash model or one with a q-tone. It's all about the way you move it , use it to flow your sound not just in a up and down strict motion. As for me I use the original crybaby , and I get a very vocal wah.

this kinda helps and i use a snarling dogs blues bawls and i can adjust the bass and highs of it if this helps any
Use lots of slight bends (1/4 step and less) in your playing when wahing if you want to mimic the human voice.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Use lots of slight bends (1/4 step and less) in your playing when wahing if you want to mimic the human voice.

thanks for the tip is there any certain spot on any certain string that would give me a better sound
You can use a talk wah to get an A I E O U sound.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
If you do a descending chromatic run from, say, the 15th fret to the 10th - start with something just above a full step bend on the 15th , then something around a 1/4 step, then as you descend just use microbends and then slide out as you hit the 10th, wahing as you go. Muck around with that idea and you're guitar will be laughing in no time

And for an absolute masterclass in making your guitar "talk", listen to So Happy by Steve Vai, from Flex-Able leftovers.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jan 20, 2007,