I saw a topic lower down , the creator wanted a good voicing for power chords and people where mocking him and what not. Some guys said maiden has good power chord action , I was thinking what are some other bands that have good power chord action??? GnR for sure , simplicity at it's finest...
Quote by pierce34celtic
Smells Like teen spirit, in bloom by nirvana.

Ya know? I've always played those with barr chords.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
^Nooooo, Nirvana is how NOT to use power chords. The Police. Andy Summers does cool shizz with powerchords.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
I usually play all power chords as bar chords...
--------------------

I LOVE DRAGONBALL Z
Black Sabbath
Maiden
Led Zeppelin

all the classic rock bands and early metal bands
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Any decent band playing an electric guitar?
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Lets get this straight:
EVERYONE FROM BILL EVANS TO B.B. KING TO STEVIE WONDER TO JIMI HENDRIX TO BACH TO KERRY KING TO KANYE WEST USES/USED POWER CHORDS.
They're not just "simple cop-outs" used only by pop-punk kids who suck at guitar.
Quote by MastaBassist10
Lets get this straight:
EVERYONE FROM BILL EVANS TO B.B. KING TO STEVIE WONDER TO JIMI HENDRIX TO BACH TO KERRY KING TO KANYE WEST USES/USED POWER CHORDS.
They're not just "simple cop-outs" used only by pop-punk kids who suck at guitar.
What the hell is with all this avatar swapping
Quote by MusicalMinority
Green Day to some extent.

No American Idiots, stuff like Dookie and nimrod.

Amen to that, brother! Though I do like American Idiot's material, I prefer Dookie and stuff more...
Nirvana
Black Sabbath
Beatles
the Ramones
the Clash
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by MastaBassist10
Lets get this straight:

Quoted for truth.
Hell, even Opeth uses power chords.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Any form of hardcore.
Again, hardcore (excluding metalcore etc, i mean exclusively hardcore) is all about playing powerchords, and screaming like a retard.

Oh yes, and growling like an idiot.
Tool (drop d powerchords)

Metallica has great use of them, just about all their songs except for the ballads and black album to current were about 70% power chords. Its mostly the combination of power chords and lead to give it the balls. Enter Sandman's main riff, Sad But True main riff, Master of Puppets intro, and just about all of Creeping death is an arpeggiated powerchord.

Megadeth, Dave Mustaine and spider riffing. Enough said.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Pete Townsend - Nuff said!
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Quote by yawn
Metallica...?

they don't really play simple power chord riffs though they take a power chord riff and play around with it and come up with songs like Fight fire with fire, the heavier parts of Fade to black
but yer in that respect they r very good with power chords, only there older stuff but lets not get into that long discussion