I've heard about how good these guitars are supposed to be, but i've looked on musiciansfriend, and they only have a few models, and they dont even show the price.

So can you tell me the price ranges of some of these guitars? Are they worth the steep prices?

- Modern Eagle Satin
- CE Mahagony
- Custom
- Singlecut/Singlecut Trem

I even tried looking on ebay....most of the ones I saw were $2k and up.

So someone give me some into on PRS, thanks!
I can't tell you much about PRS guitars but I was looking for a new guitar and went to GC a while ago and played a $2000 prs model and it was pretty nice. Then I went to Carvin and played a CT6M which looks kinda like the PRS model I played earlier and it was much nicer and cost less. Plus, Carvin lets you customize the guitar. I say if you are willing to buy a PRS try out a carvin first. Both are great guitars but I think the carvin is better for the price.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
I dont have any prices, but I know that they are good guitars.
Quote by TJM2482

Anyone?

dont bump your threads.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Ive played plenty of PRS and for the price i would say they are not worth it. Theyre very nice guitars BUT the necks are pretty chunky and they are not as smooth as they claim to be. Ive played the cheaper SE models that go from 5-$700 and they sound very nice but for the price you can get way better. Like i said the necks are pretty thick. I can play faster on a strat than a PRS. When i was at Guitar center i tried about 6 diffrent PRS guitars ranging from $500 to $2000 through both vox and marshall amps and they did not satisfy. Im convinced that if youre gonna spend that much you can do way better.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
PRS guitars ****ing kickass
Quote by your mom
wow.. ggmIdas is so good in bed
Quote by your dad
basically, ggmIdas can pleasure the ladies better than me.. and he could totally kick my ass
Quote by soul_power
Ive played plenty of PRS and for the price i would say they are not worth it. Theyre very nice guitars BUT the necks are pretty chunky and they are not as smooth as they claim to be. Ive played the cheaper SE models that go from 5-$700 and they sound very nice but for the price you can get way better. Like i said the necks are pretty thick. I can play faster on a strat than a PRS. When i was at Guitar center i tried about 6 diffrent PRS guitars ranging from $500 to $2000 through both vox and marshall amps and they did not satisfy. Im convinced that if youre gonna spend that much you can do way better.

I'm surprised since the $2k PRS I played had a really thin neck. It was actually thinner than my strat's neck. O I did play one of the lower end PRS models and that had a thick neck.
Gibson SG Special
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head

Quote by TJM2482
Does Carvin make aa singlecut Les Paul-esque guitar?

They dont make singlecuts but I read on their forum that someone suggested it. I really hope they decide to make a Carved Top singlecut model, it would be so great.
Gibson SG Special
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head

Quote by kanamvar32
I'm surprised since the $2k PRS I played had a really thin neck. It was actually thinner than my strat's neck. O I did play one of the lower end PRS models and that had a thick neck.

Yeah the one i played had a pretty thick neck. Im not sure what kind it was exactly but i remember picking it up and thinking woa this is a bit uncomfortable. The low end ones def have thick necks but i remember playing a more expensive one w/ a thick neck. It was about the same as a MIM strat but for some reason the strat played easier.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I love the customizability (lol) of Carvin guitars. They're pretty cheap for a custom guitar. Do they have more choices than just what they have on the site? They only have block inlays on there.
And can you see your customized Carvin before you pay for it....it's kinda odd having to just trust what you picked to turn out how you expect it.
If you don't go to one of the carvin stores you do have to pay for the guitar before they start building it. However, they do have a decent return policy so if you dont like it you can return it for any reason. still, read the detailed version of the policy on their site.

carvin does actually have more choices than what they show on their site. if you talk with a person over the phone or in person he/she can tell you the extra options available. for example, on the ct6m it doesnt show a tung oiled neck as an option but when i went to the store the model i tried out was oiled (o it makes the neck so nice and smooth).

for the inlays, i think they list no, dot, block, and diamond. its still best to talk to someone about it since the website is still being redone since the old one was awful. all the options were out of place and you could accidentally select 2 options that would be impossible to get like having a floyd and a wilkinson tremolo added.

the guy at carvin told me that before they place your order they talk to you to make sure everything is right. if you want to see more options on the guitars look in the forums, the gallery has some sexy guitars with various options they may or may not show on the main page.
Gibson SG Special
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head

Quote by call1800ksmyazz
I l0ove my PRS Custom 24 Ten-Top. Sick guitar. Best guitar I have ever played so far. So many different and great tones. And feels great.

I wanted to try one of those but i couldn't reach it haha. They hang those really really high up at GC, as in you need a ladder to get it. I did see that they had a nifty pricetag on em haha. do you happen to have any pictures of your PRS you can show? I'd like to see it.
Gibson SG Special
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head

I would LOVE to post pictures . So I dont take up this whole thread I posted them in here: http://aronnelson.com/gallery/album126

If you get a chance, definately try one of these out!
MMM sexy. That has to be one of the best colors for flamed maple tops. What's that thing on top of your avatar cab? Did you build it becuase I've never seen anything like that in a store?
Gibson SG Special
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head

Quote by TJM2482
Does Carvin make aa singlecut Les Paul-esque guitar?

They have a singlecut tele style guitar, but no LP style.

I would take a Carvin customized to me over a PRS anyday .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Thanks! I think its sexy too. Her name is Amber.

The thing on my Avatar is an amp built by myself. Its a Marshall 18watt TMB Plexi. Build pictures and sound clips here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488450
O those 18w marshall kits are cool. You did a great job putting that together, everything looks very clean and organized.

I went to ceriatone once and thought it would be nice to build an amp but I dk the first thing about how to do it. I could probably learn but I figured I might as well spend the same energy and effort learning how to build an amp into something that I'm already knowledgeable about that can make money that I can use to buy a pre-made amp lol.

Amber is a good name for her
Gibson SG Special
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head

Check out Washburn's WI series too.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Damn if Carvin made a singlecut i'd choose them in an instant. I still like the strat-style ones though, I noticed that site doesnt have some options that i've seen people have in their Carvins, such as coil splitting.

I might give them a call to see what the full options are.