i didn't know epiphone made strats.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
They don't anymore.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by Ishiga
If you're gonna go with an epi, get a les paul.

Yeah.... Because I buy guitars for the name on them?

Anyway, I hadnt seen one before and I had heard various things about them so I honestly didnt know. But again Im getting mixed reviews. Some say they're good, some say they're not. Do you think I should spend $130 or so, on the Epi? I do like the headstock on it. Or I could always put some more money with it and get a good MIJ or MIM Strat.
Get a little more money like you said and get the MIJ or MIM strat
Xbox 360 Gamertag - TheTacoDoctor
Just send a message saying your from UG.
CoD4 anyone?
Quote by LuthierofTexas
Do you think I should spend $130 or so, on the Epi? I do like the headstock on it. Or I could always put some more money with it and get a good MIJ or MIM Strat.

I suspect it's a total piece of crap. If you really like it, I'd offer him half of what he's asking and negotiate from there. Like I said, there's a guy locally who can't get $80 for his. I wouldn't go any higher than that. Actually, I'd buy a new pedal before I bought that guitar.

A good MIJ Strat can cost more than a good MIA Strat, but I think it's definitely worth saving a bit for a decent used MIM model.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
what's it made of?

it's going to sound like a starter. so depends what u plan on doing wt it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I dont know what its made of. I didnt really get to look at it real well. I didnt have alot of time to go over it. I really planned on (if I get it) replacing the pickups, hardware, and repainting it. I just really like the headstock on it. Its definately different. But I also found an alder Squire for $80. That one I got to look over pretty decently and its got a 2 piece alder body, actual routes for the pickups instead of the swimming pool route, and the neck isnt too bad. Im basically wanting to pick up another cheap guitar so I can mod the shit out of it.

I had thought about making a clone of SRV's 'Charley'. Putting some lipsticks in it. But I like the Squire because its got the old style oversized headstock and I like that too.