Hey all.. I really need help.. I can't stand and play for nuts.. Is it me or is it the strap cause i have already tried adjusting it to many different lengths but still my elbow hurts like crazy!! All this while i have been playing sitting down and there is alot of difference in that i can pick faster, have more control over what i am playing, play longer n most importantly my elbow doesnt hurt!! I can play the hotel california solo alright when sitting down but standing up it was a disaster!! Please help!!!
Quote by DanRev
"Come over to my place, no ones home"

I went, there was no one home.

LoL!
The only thing i can tell u is to get a better strap, cuz obviously, its doin sumthin to ur shoulder that ur elbow hurts. Have you tried that? and wut strap do u use?
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
well if you have only played sitting downl, just keep practicing playing standing up. and maybe get a new strap as well. i highly recommend getting a planet waves strap with locks on it so your guitar is locked on the straps.
I have a planet waves on my ibanez, and a levi on my sg, theyre both really nice and comfortable
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:

Pedals :
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Acoustix
Hey all.. I really need help.. I can't stand and play for nuts..
You're playing guitar for all the wrong reasons.
well, if you can play sitting, try having your guitar up really high. mines at my stomach, but when my teacher sits down with his guitar on, it doesnt touch his knees. he find it more comfortable like that.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
just practice standing up. you'll always have more control while sitting hands down. but if the more you practice standing up, the better you'll be at it.
get a wider strap. it will take the tension off your shoulder and help your elbow.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez Jump Start
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke 412 Cab
Boss Chromatic Tuner Pedal
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez Weaping Demon
practice more...but if u have an sg then it's partially the guitar because of where the strap buttons are.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
nah, the buttons dont do nething to me. I have a epi sg limited edition with zebra pickups
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:

Pedals :
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
When I play sitting I usually prop my leg up on my toes or anything so guitar isn't parallel with me, but at an angle and pointing at me.

Give it a try... just move around see what's comfortable.
I make sure I can play EVERYTHING both standing and sitting...you really should do the same.
Quote by gtdude114
and wut strap do u use?

I use the free strap they gave me.. <-- Cheap Freak =)

Quote by yawn
You're playing guitar for all the wrong reasons

Dude, how am i going to play at a gig sitting down?? For slow songs i could but i am gonna look like an idiot playing lets say battery or anithing really fast sitting down....

And thanks all for your help.. Seems like i am heading to the guitar shop to get a better strap =)
Quote by DanRev

I went, there was no one home.

LoL!
^ Meh, it was a joke

Read which part of your post I quoted when I said that
Quote by yawn
^ Meh, it was a joke

Read which part of your post I quoted when I said that

LoL! i didnt see it!! I seriously thought... Ahahaha coool dude
Quote by DanRev