I have a fender mex strat and a ephiphone 25 watt amp. When i play stuff like sabbath ect i play all the riffs corectly ect but how do i get the same sound? Im having a hard time setting my amp corectly. Or does it have to do with the tuning?
Thanks,
Tony
no, its probably cause most Epi amps are not really for metal. great for blues and rock, but its VERY hard to get a good sabbath tone from a strat and an epi amp.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
nah its just ur gear. if its just sabbath then its amps by laney u want. maybe buying a line6 pod xt is gd for u loads of amp simulations and effects?
It can be tuning, humbuckers, and a lot of the time you can have the exact same setup and still not get the tone that the have. Reason being; a lot of pros have their amps tweaked with to get a distinct sound.
Don't You Talk to Billy Idol That Way.

Gear:
Epiphone Limited Ed. G-400 W/ Maestro Trem
Washburn WI14 Idol Series
Jasmine ES-31 Acoustic-Electric
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112
Well... for basic black sabbath sound, this setting might help you:
High: 3
Mid: 3
Low: 9

Gain to something between 3 and 7.
Quote by Justice_Fish
Well... for basic black sabbath sound, this setting might help you:
High: 3
Mid: 3
Low: 9

Gain to something between 3 and 7.

Thanks i had mine kinda oposite ill try that. What about overdrive and reverb? Would a pedal help? I also play a little nirvana/metallica/led zepplin.
You might wanna get a DS-1 or Big Muff for nirvana, a nice overdrive (like the boss blues driver) for the lepplin, and I have no idea for the metallica. Turn all the knobs ups?
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by daydoomwopbadoo
just get a marshall......

Sorry hun, not everyone has a few thousand to flow around.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.