What are some kinds of entertainment that weren't as popular as their similar counterparts, but you feel are better, either a little or a lot, than their more popular counterpart? (pics welcome)

My example:

Powerstone series.

Rival? Super Smash Bros.

Seriously, this game pwns SSB in every way. I feel it's more original fun, and more active.

For one, they use original characters, they aren't trying to milk the already famous characters with some party fighter, they make their own, unique personalities.

Second, the amount of activity on screen and in the gameplay. Like the sub level I have shown in the pic, there was one main sub that had turrets and crates of powerups, and secondary, smaller subs that would emerge and submerge at specified times, making you be weary of your ever changing environment.

I just loved this game. I remember going to a friend's birthday party and him having this big screen TV in his basement and having 5.1 surround sound and play this ALL NIGHT.

I don't have a DC, but you best believe it will be the first game I get when I do.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I have part 1 and 2. Damn that game was awesome. SSB sucks teh balls.

The combo's and levels were amazing. The pirate ship in the sky was my favorite. Then you fall off and start fighting in the air!

*Replugs his DC and plays Powerstone*
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean
I have part 1 and 2. Damn that game was awesome. SSB sucks teh balls.

The combo's and levels were amazing. The pirate ship in the sky was my favorite. Then you fall off and start fighting in the air!

*Replugs his DC and plays Powerstone*

I remember that!! You had to find umbrellas so you wouldn't hit the ground as hard, and there was always one or two umbrellas less than there were players.

I'd say another one, that I won't go into much detail of, is Killzone for the PS2.

Sure, it was a good game, but I don't think it gets the recognition it deserves. Everyone kinda went sour on it when they found out it wasn't the Halo killer is was planned to be.

But it's still a smart, fun, unqiue game.

Saxo-Walrus

cant really think of a counterpart for it but Hidden and Dangerous 2 for pc. awesome multiplayer and some good squad based crap. kinda like call of duty.
Quote by fallenangel20

I'd say another one, that I won't go into much detail of, is Killzone for the PS2.

Sure, it was a good game, but I don't think it gets the recognition it deserves. Everyone kinda went sour on it when they found out it wasn't the Halo killer is was planned to be.

But it's still a smart, fun, unqiue game.

Killzone was the game with the more bugs in the entire video games history. I remember falling IN he floor, yes IN it, and seeing the level above me as I was falling and then I hit the something and I died....
Brokeback Lego - Animation Movie I Made

Quote by \GuitarHero/
Our band mascot is a Muffin.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
But it was still a good game. Bugs may be annoying, but they don't take away from story or anything.

Saxo-Walrus