I hear so many bad things...is it really bad? I found it at a great deal, the 112 I can get brand new for 350, compared to musiciansfriend's and everybody elses price of 430.
i dno anything about the combo's... but the head's are great... i might get one for my rig... or perhaps a b-52 at-100... but yeah... imo valvekings are good...
Fender Blues Junior + Overdrive pedal?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I'm not a fan of the sound of the VK's, and they definitely have some reliability issues.

I'd take that $350 and apply it to a used Fender Blues Deluxe or Hot Rod, or a Peavey Classic or Delta Blues. You could probably get a used Ampeg Reverberocket for that much. If you're willing to go more "vintage," you could find some amazing things. I found a guy in Connecticut selling a Fender Bassman head and matching 2x12 for $450. I'm thinking about driving there tomorrow.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I reckon they suck, especially for classic rock and blues. They don't have nice poweramp breakup and the preamp distortion is harsh. Plus they have lots of reliability issues.

For classic rock and blues a Peavey Classic 30 or 50 would be much better.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
I tried out a half stack yesterday and it was pretty good, not for me, but good none-the-less.
would a fender blues junior/or 15watt crate all tube amp, or epiphone 15watt tube amp work? Which out of those would you recommend? Thanks
mine is great, very reliable imo ...

for your tastes i think a fender may suit your better
all down to personal pref. though. you should really try to test amps out
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Quote by Firebird7
would a fender blues junior/or 15watt crate all tube amp, or epiphone 15watt tube amp work?

Work for what? They'll sound great for classic rock and blues, might not be enough power to gig with a band, though.

Blues Jr. is a great amp, better than the Crate or Epi, IMHO. Take a look at the Ampeg J12T Tremolo Amp, too. Very nice blues amp, and you can usually find a decent price on them used.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by Firebird7
i figured miked they'd be loud enough

Probably. Could be loud enough on it's own depending on the band.

But if your other guitarist is cranking a Triple Rec, and your drummer is Keith Moon reincarnate, maybe not.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I have had a VK 112 for like 1 year almost. I think its very reliable, and by that I mean I've never had a single problem with it. I use a Maxon OD-9, which is a bluesier OD pedal, with an Angus Young type setting and i get a sweet Classic tone. I like to crank the Drive up about 3/4 for a hard-hitting tone. IMHO i love this amp. Seems to be the best band-for-buck when talking about a new amp. I'm sure you wouldn't regret getting this amp. Plus it's 50 watts, which is enough for anything your would ever need. I don't know what all the talk is about reliability issues. Oh yeah i did add an Eminence Texas Heat speaker, but truthfully it didn't change the sound much. Well thats my opinion so Good luck choosing.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords
Quote by Firebird7
I just don't have that much money to spend, my max was like 450/500.

Look used, man! That Fender Bassman I mentioned earlier would make you wet your pants in comparison the harsh sound of the VK. I got my main amp, in a hybrid case no less, within your budget. There's deals to be had out there!

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
The Valveking gets a bad rap by people that are A. Trolls , or B. slatsmania ot TGM.

Do yourself a favor and go read and search for reviews from any other site than this, you will be hard pressed to see a bad review for the Valveking from anyone that owns it. The Valveking straight up slaughters the hell out of the b-52, and I'm going to let you know alot of myths that are spread like wildfire about this peice of gear.

1. The Texture knob on the back is NOT an "emulation". This is true class A/B-A switching. Most people that played it for 5 mintues didn't fool with it much.

2. The Valvekings are made in china yes, but in much better factorys, which sounds silly to say, but not all factorys in China are the same.

3. The "They can't get a metal tone" garbage spread by people that either don't know how to use a gain knob or don't know how to use a tube amp. I've seen mostly new people say it can't get a metal sound, and the older people saying it gets to much! It's not a 5150, but it's not supposed to be (5150 doesn't have the cleans of the Valveking either). Everyone that ended up buying one after hearing they would need an overdrive pedal end up not buying an overdrive pedal, you shouldn't take anything anyone says with extreme conviction (even me!) on an internet forum as truth.

4. It's solid. Yes there are lemons, but last I check lemons existed with Marshalls, Fenders, Gibsons, Mesa's, VOX's, and almost every other maker on the planet. I've never had any problems with my valveking.

5. Don't you think it's kinda funny that 3 people on one forum spread the valveking hate like wildfire, and yet there are so many good reviews by people who really OWN the gear? If you go back in time on the internet you will see by many people the Valveking was rated very high as an extreme value for the money when it first launched. What changed? Nothing.

Also, peavey has raised the price on them bit by bit, as it's flying off the shelves at tons of local dealers (and for good reason). Peavey had a bit of a problem for a while keeping up with all the orders for them.

I just try to combat the silly oldhead hate. Notice how the other amps they tell you to get seem to be a personal favorite, they could care less about what YOU want. I know of a guy that ended up selling off his mesa dual rec for the valveking, but those stories are all over the web if you search a few pages of google.

In the end, go play it, if you like it, you shouldn't let what anyone says on an internet forum change your mind. You CAN have your own tastes (as you can see by some people so vehemently advocating thiers.)
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
Last edited by ParryPerson at Jan 26, 2007,
Quote by ParryPerson

Also, peavey has raised the price on them bit by bit, as it's flying off the shelves at tons of local dealers (and for good reason). Peavey had a bit of a problem for a while keeping up with all the orders for them.

although I agree with everything else you said, I want you to think about how fast MGs are selling. They're super popular in stores, yet they suck.

I still say Valveking is a great amp. Try it out and see.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
None the less, if it's made so horrible and breaks when you look at it wrong, it wouldn't be flying off the shelves.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
Quote by Sid McCall
although I agree with everything else you said, I want you to think about how fast MGs are selling. They're super popular in stores, yet they suck.

I still say Valveking is a great amp. Try it out and see.

mgs sell b/c newer musicians buy it b/c of the name
new guitarist dont go out and buy a tube amp or somethign thats 500-600$

i like the Vk ... hate mg :P (ive had an mg tehehe)
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
I personally don't like the ValveKing, and the other guitarist in my band has it. He's more or less a noob to guitar and stuff, so I have to EQ for him and such, and I can't get a good hard rock sound out of it. No matter which knobs I tweak, I can't seem to get the right sound, and it also doesn;t seem to have enough "punch".

Also, for some reason, his has extremely horrible feedback, and all it does is squeal, so I have to turn the treble down lower so it won't, and I just don;t really like the amp. (although, it is better than his little 65 watt SS Crate amp he used for the longest time :PP )
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
that's sounds like a great deal man! where did you find that deal at cuz i want one of those.
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ibanez RG220B
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech XMM Metal Master
Digitech RP80 Multi Effects
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Quote by greendayguitar
I personally don't like the ValveKing, and the other guitarist in my band has it. He's more or less a noob to guitar and stuff, so I have to EQ for him and such, and I can't get a good hard rock sound out of it. No matter which knobs I tweak, I can't seem to get the right sound, and it also doesn;t seem to have enough "punch".

Hmmm and you say the OTHER guitarist is the newb huh?

Thats pretty funny.
Quote by HxCori<3