Page 1 of 2
I think it's an interesting question.

I spend far, far too much time on UG/HMS. The sole reason I come to these places is so I can know what's going on in the metal industry and have, perhaps, brief intelligent discussions about bands. For the most part, this board is overflowing with rampant stupidity. I'm almost 17 and to be perfectly honest, I feel immature being on here so often, but it's worth it for the aforementioned reasons.

So, answer the question...why do you come here? For the people? Recommendations? Conversation? Eh?

edit: For metal forum users. Not sure why anybody else is suddenly coming in here.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Last edited by LedZeppelin at Jan 19, 2007,
Eh. I've always liked this community. Even though I don't personally know anyone on here, the concept of talking to someone thousands of miles of away from you is kind of cool.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
well originally i just came on for tabs, then i registered on the forums and made my way to the pit, and i guess buttsecks is the answer now
Quote by AzureNight
Don't worry guys, he's just bitter because he has a small dick.

Quote by Alexander_BR
You know that good feeling when you take a crap, gay sex is like that

Proud member of the Cardboard Mafia. Search "free boxes" for info.
i click the random tabs button and play whatever comes up and after 5 mintues when i learned it, i do click it agian

and if you say 'eh' your the stupid one
Last edited by skwires at Jan 19, 2007,
Case in point.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
I use stuff like this to listen to music without staring blankly into space and still sort of do something.
Shouldn't this be in the Pit?

And I come to talk about my favorite bands and be entertained. And as for regular UG the lessons to learn.
For the news and the tabs.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
Quote by Teh1337Hax0rz
well originally i just came on for tabs, then i registered on the forums and made my way to the pit, and i guess buttsecks is the answer now

X2

i was also caught in UG's web of buttsecks
I log on because sometimes I am amused. Half of the time though I am either offended or annoyed so I don't post much.
To talk about Metal related subjects and have some funny/random conversations with the Metal forum regulars. Along with recs from time to time.

SGEdit:

Quote by skwires
AFI is the worst boy band ever

OH YEAH! Also, to laugh at silly noobs and spammers.
where is this proverbial random tabs button?
Gear:
Gibson SG Faded Special
American Strat
Fender Bassman 100
Vox Wah
Big Muff Pi
Small Clone
DOD 250 Overdrive
Ernie Ball Volume

Band
Quote by skwires
i click the random tabs button and play whatever comes up and after 5 mintues when i learned it, i do click it agian

and if you say 'eh' your the stupid one

how the hell do you do that????
And Im here less nowadays, but come here mostly cuz im bored...
hmm i was about to type a long story about why i still come this website after all these years but its sad lol

i guess the reason i still come to this metal forum because i'm interested in what you guys have to say about the music that i hold so precious, that others i deal with in my day to day life just dont understand,
i often see people complain about the state of the forum, about the same bands being talked about, i'm fine with that, i'm no longer interested in finding every unknown underground band out there like i used to be, i'm satisfied with the bands i know and listen to, maybe because of the amount of cds i own, i have so many it takes about a year to go through them all, so by the time i get back to the first one i havent heard it in a long time so i get that 'oh ya i remember this, this cd kicks ass' feeling
My sig is better than yours
I first joined and am still here for the dead baby jokes in 'The Pit'.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Yeah, I'm here for the Pit, I'm a Pit dweller, I'm visiting the Metal forum for the hell of it.

Hi guys!
I'm in the 'Australia FTW' Club. Join

Hi
I came to UG to learn how to play guitar and find out some bands.

Without the Metal Forum I probably would of never gotten into metal. I still go the the Metal forum to keep intouch with stuff about bands and finding new bands and genres. Plus the Users there are awesome.

I hardly post in the pit anymore. It's usually there to cheer me up and make me laugh if im feeling low.

EDIT: Oh crap. I thought this thread was in the pit... wtf?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
the recommendations
Ibanez RG1527
ENGL Blackmore Sig.
Marshall 1960A Cab
Orange 4x12 Cab

Member of UG's Official Gain \/\/hores - Invite Only
Yeah, I forgot to say that UG, along with Metal-Archives, helped me get info on Metal bands when starting out. I still do.

Oh, and I hate the Pit. Such a meh forum.
Quote by SGRocker0791
Yeah, I forgot to say that UG, along with Metal-Archives, helped me get info on Metal bands when starting out. I still do.

No Tony you came here to own noobs and tell them what bands belong under which genres Just kidding pal
Quote by SGRocker0791

And the Pit loves you.

Hi! I'm Jordan!
I'm in the 'Australia FTW' Club. Join

Hi
I came here for tabs, and kinda migrated to the forums. Now its just a great atmosphere, talking about Nevermore and then checking out random bands, plus watching all the noobs open threads with titles like
"Slayer are shit" "Metallica vs. Megadeth" and "Why aren't trivium metal?"
(obviously I'm using better spelling and grammar but still.)
And then the noobs get owned back to the stone age....*sigh*...good times....
I have no idea. The tabs, obviously. I used to come for the bands, but then I realized that I hate 95% of the retarded "brutal" metal bands that people post here...

And 99% of UG's forum-goers are idiots...yet I still post.

EDIT: The metal forum get me started on metal. I'll give you old guys credit for that.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Last edited by ChurchNSkate at Jan 20, 2007,
I come here primarily because I feel like I "have to know" what's going on in the UG community.

'Tis a curse

And I go to the R&R Forum to get helpful feedback. That's the only forum that really benefits me in any way.
I started when I needed tabs and i just kind of wandered into the metal forum. Was really nice i had people with the same tastes of music as I did for I have nobody, all my friends are into skater-ish type of stuff. But the people here are cool and intersting and I sometiems like to have a glance and underground bands that are good, and ome that should stay underground. Well, anyways...I umm, forgot where I was giong with this..oh yeah, like some one said before it's always funny to watch the "noobs" start threads about Trivium, Lamb of God etc... when clearly there is a sticky saying "Thinking about posting about Trivivium, A7X, or Lamb of God?"
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Well, I'm always willing to talk about newer, lesser known bands, but it's always the same boring shit every time, so I figured, "What the hell, randomness FTW."
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
I thought I already posted in 'ere...

Anyway, I guess i've grown attached to the place.

Quote by kirkisking
Well, I'm always willing to talk about bands that 3 other people know about, but it's always the same boring shit every time, so I figured, "What the hell, randomness FTW."

Fixed
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
I just like the community.
Most people around here who like this kind of music are shitty little scene kids or trendwankers, and those who are cool people aren't the kind of people you can talk with about music other than "Dude, Gorguts is some seriously sick stuff!" etc., so having an intelligent conversation with people is refreshing for me.

Plus, nobody around here likes Nevermore
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
I originally came here just for the tabs and a few of the lessons, but if it werent for this forum, I wouldnt listen to 90% of the bands I do now, that rec thread changed my life, lol. That, and the regs here are pretty funny.
I come here for something/someone to laugh at.

I have not learnt a single thing since I first came to this forum (except that most people, except from myself, are shit).
Shadilay.
^You must find the Metal Chat absolutely riveting then.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
^Yeah, but for some reason, beknownst to me, I still post there anyway. Maybe for false hope of seeing something genuinely humorous, amongst all the toilet-dwelling spam.
LAMMERGEIER
Page 1 of 2