Page 1 of 2
I just got back from seeing The Arcade Fire playing my school cafeteria. Have you ever seen any good bands at your school?
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Moneen just played at my school about a month and a half ago. It was such a great show and i got Kenny's pick
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Bob Seger played my dad's prom, before he was popular.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
No...but my band's playing there for the talent show. I just wish i knew when it'll be.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by pumpkins_rule
I just got back from seeing The Arcade Fire playing my school cafeteria. Have you ever seen any good bands at your school?

ARCADE FIRE played at your goddamn school cafeteria!?

God.....
Quote by pumpkins_rule

YOU LUCKY BASTARD!!!!! I WISH I WAS YOU!!!!

no band has ever played at my school.
Quote by phoenix_88
what school you at?
they went to school with my cousins haha

Canterbury Highschool. Richard Parry graduated from my school. It was so cool, I got to talk to one of the violinists and she seemed genuinely happy to be playing for us.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by pumpkins_rule

woot canterbury!

i didnt go du to brokeness...
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
Quote by Barboom
woot canterbury!

i didnt go du to brokeness...

Yo I didn't know anyone else from my school was on UG.

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

D: Only school bands.
But they're all like jazz bands and orchestral stuff.
Three world-class jazz musicians. I don't remember their names, but it was amazing!

Of course, hardly anyone besides my friends and I appreciate music at my school, so they didn't get much response. My friends and I got to go and talk to them afterwards though which was kick ass.
A band called Rides Again played my school, they're up and coming and kick much ass.
lulz
The Blue Man Group, and dont say their , because they made these sweet pcp pipe instruments..
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
when my english teacher was at school they had ACDC come play for them, but they werent big then they were like a small band just starting.
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
Quote by ericgentz
The Blue Man Group, and dont say their , because they made these sweet pcp pipe instruments..

Lucky! I love BMG. I'd give a lot to see them live, apparently they put on one hell of a show.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Iggy Pop played my school in 1992. Too bad I was only 6 at the time. And I wasn't one of those badass 6 year olds that likes the stooges either.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Fred Penner, mother****er.
i hope they cannot see
the limitless potential
building inside of me
to murder everything
i hope they cannot see
i am the great destroyer
One time a band played at lunch time in my high schools quad area.
Gear
BC Rich guitars
Crate amps

Heres my thrash song guitar demos - Thrash demos
all sorts of bands have played at my school...i mean it's been open for 221 years, some great band mustve played there at some point...anyway, local bands and student's bands are ALWAYS preforming in the theater at lunch nowadays. One of my favourites was On Vinyl. http://www.myspace.com/onvinyl. They're pretty famous around here...

If only closed minds came with closed mouths...
My school has this band come like once every 2 terms (special events). They are not that good. I really don't like them. Then they got this new band to perform for us. There male singer sounded like a girl. It was weird.
Quote by Maniaxe
I had the New York Dolls play last year...

no one's played my school, but we do get lots of politicians
Quote by CousticStrangla
I know I have Body Dysmorphic Disorder too.

Quote by Raz_Steroid
So you're a Transformer?
we had some gay new "punk emo" band called antiskeptic play at our school.. they sucked
Quote by HangmaN47
motorboat the clit you motorboatin' sonofabitch.
one word: ROCKDOWN!!!!

it's this huge 12 hour show they have every year at my high school.

some bands past and present:
-Nothing Unexpected
-Winter's Halo
-Hope On A Rope
-Operation Super-Catch
-Cloverleaf
-Distorted Penguins

...not bands that are really big YET. still NU, WH, and HOAR are amazing!!!!
it wasnt MY school, but the highschool thats like 4 miles away from mine had The Fray play there. my friends cousin is also the lead singer of the fray hes also got this signed hoodie thats signed by them that he wears a lot
signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ
We had shitty locals at my high school... thank God that's over.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
Quote by pumpkins_rule

Deep Purple played in my old school
For non-believers : http://www.hindu.com/2006/12/18/stories/2006121818680300.htm
"Physics is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." - Richard Feynman
the Buddy Rich band played at my school in 1975 I think... not sure of the date but I know they played
Blue Oyster Cult and .chilmark.
Member #7 of the "...Still Waiting for the Zombie Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp to join.

Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all
Radiate, recognize one silent call
As we all form one dark flame...
Incinerate!
manard fergusin(sp) played at my old school famosue jazz trumpeteer
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
relient k, way before they became popular
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club, PM deadhead313313