alright so I bought myself the Night with John Petrucci and Jordan Rudess CD and people that CD kicks so much ass! I've been so inspired by what they played and how well everything fit together that I have my own band called "The Story of Him". We have some really good stuff but I'm my own worst critic so I need some more music involvin' Guitar and Piano. I know buckethead has that Electric Tears Album... I don't own it but i do have some songs which are... very melodic. Can anyone give any suggestions to expand my list of kick ass piano and guitar? (it can be acoustic or electric it doesn't matter)
My Gear:
epiphone les paul cusom, Limited edition. evo dimarzio pick ups
Parker P-38
epiphone hummingbird
line 6 flextone
crate vtx 120

head full of ideas.
im not all that into this kind of fusion but you can try "another day" by DT
or "November rain" by GNR.
the outro of Layla by Clapton would be good. the piano is doing chords while clapton solos. It's awesome.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
While we're mentioning Dream Theater, their song Space-Dye Vest on Awake.
Look up The Midway State, they have a Coldplay type style but you may enjoy the differences in the two.
awesome everyone thanks but any actual albums? I don't want to buy an album for jsut one song
My Gear:
Parker P-38
epiphone hummingbird
line 6 flextone
crate vtx 120

head full of ideas.
Trans Siberian Orchestra has a lot of piano/elec guitar stuff, but they usually have more than these two instruments in their songs (and they sing too damn much about christmas ), still might be worth to give it a listen for you.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Listen to Pink Floyd, Zeppelin (listen to No Quarter for sure), and well the most obvious (although I guess it'd be considered keyboards-like the others I mentioned) is Yes (listen to Roundabout if you've never heard it)
Also the beatles used a lot of pianos and keyboards, as well as all their members during their solo careers
There's really more than you can think, a lot of classic rock bands use pianos
Check out: "Friday night in San Francisco" with Paco De lucia, Al Di Meola and John McLaughlin That's some crazy shit
...And the worms ate into his brain.
Lots of Power Metal has a lot of melodic leads and keyboard parts. Also, I think there's only keyboard in the beginning, but its so cool I need to mention it, Mr. Crowley by Ozzy. Great guitar from Randy Rhoads on that one too.
cool cool, and everyone is telling awesome stuff, that friday night in SF is crazy bro! but i need stuff with just A Guitar and a Piano, Simplistic things i don't want to get side tracked by how awesome all the other things are like drums and vocals
My Gear:
Parker P-38
epiphone hummingbird
line 6 flextone
crate vtx 120

head full of ideas.
Oh, you definitely need to try getting your hands on some stuff by Moonstone Garden, if you can find it. It's a pretty obscure band I think but they're really great and it's mainly a piano/guitar duo with some ambience stuff in background. It's very nice; if you can't find any of their stuff myself gimme a PM and I'll see if I can dig up some links for you on that.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
I went to a Trans Siberian Orchestra concert and they are making a CD of new non christmas songs. I can't wait till it comes out. They played one of the songs they are going to have on the CD and it was great. Defiantly going to buy it when it comes out. I seen them in november.

back to the topic, I don't know if they have piano, but they may, Evanescence might.
A guitar is your personality expressed through 6 strings.
It might not be your type of music but Something Corporate uses a lot piano. Leaving Through The Window is a good album.
You could try some Children of Bodom, they are melodic death metal, but they have some pretty cool keyboard/guitar riffs (an excellent example is bed of razors, very piratey song ). Also if your into classic rock you can look into songs by The Guess Who, and some of Burton Cummings soolo career has a few songs that have amazing piano/guitar combinations (Break It To Them Gently anyone?).

pepsi
hey dude if your looking for some piano and guitar music... try

Angel - Neil Zaza

ive lately been into this guy and ou gotta check him out too... all his stuff is pretty damn good... id see he is a really underrated and unknown player..