hey that was cool sounds pretty good to me =) ,and always helps me to hear other ppl play too =D
Really like your tone. Really good.
Xbox 360 Gamertag - TheTacoDoctor
Just send a message saying your from UG.
CoD4 anyone?
Thanks. I just got a Boss MT 2 pedal and im trying to figure out the right setting for anything nirvana. It usually doesnt come out too well when I record it because of the large amount of static so im still workin on that.
Eh, work on your clean tone a little bit, atleast the one you used for the intro.

It was OK though. How long have you been playing?
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Pretty good job overall. The clean tone for the intro could sound better, but the actual playing is very well done. The distorted tones could use a little more bottom end and perhaps a tad off the treble. Great cover though, and nice timing with the BT.
~Bryan~
~~One Off Custom Strat~~
- 3 piece alder body
- Maple on rosewood 21 fret neck
- '82 Fender pickups

~~'92 Toyota Supra~~

- 1JZ-GTE (TT, front mount intercooler, 15~psi)
- Tuned on 93 octane
- HKS 3" exhaust
your clean tone of your intro is really terrible. well honestly, i didnt like the tone of your whole song. sorry man but mt-2 is not a good choice to buy. you might like it now but after sometime youll realize that your tone is thin and trebly. well back to the song, you did great playing the song. no timing issues and the solo is perfect. too much feedback also throughout the whole song.. but overall its fine.

crit4crit?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443854
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

I've been playing for a few years. I didnt have the pedal yet when I did this so I pretty much hit the distortion on the crappy amp that I had. I didnt really pay attention to the settings. The problem I'm having with the pedal is that when I get a decent Nirvana sound and record it, it's very hard to hear because of the static. It might be because I use a crappy mic next to the amp and record but idk. Any suggestions for a good setting for this song on the pedal where maybe I wont run into this problem?
Nicely played! I liked it alot.
Though I didn't think the effect on the clean channel suited the song but great work on switching between channels.

Rate mine too? See my YouTube sig-link.
Oh thats not me singing I just used the drum, bass, vocal track from a website that i cant remember.
Overall, it's pretty good. Singing is really spot-on, it really sells the song. For the guitar, you execute it well (hey, it's SLTS, who can't play it?), but the variations in the tone sound a bit too extreme. The distortion is very trebley but good enough, and the clean verse should turn down the effect a little bit, because it sounds like way too much of a color change.
I really enjoyed how you (or whoever) didn't over do the vocals by trying to sound like Kurt. Most people ruin the song by doing that, the singer just did his own thing.

And on the verse, the chorus pedal was kinda annoying, it's a great effect, you just used a bit to much.
Just let the good times roll.
good playing, but the distortion sounds are to high in my opinion....

but great voices!!!
Dont like the tone much at all. The chorus pedal sounds terrible. Vocals were pretty good.
Quote by Sid Vicouis
do another nirvana song. this song is wayyyyyy overrated.

yet, 90% of people who try to play it -- cannot! )
i think you got that statistic backwards^

you must mean by matching their tone someone cant play it, or make it sound like they made it sound

cause as far as playing this song goes note to note, i have a 12 year old neice who nail it just fine. this song is the bread and butter of beginner songs, solo included.

decent stuff here btw
Quote by HendrixSRV
i think you got that statistic backwards^

you must mean by matching their tone someone cant play it, or make it sound like they made it sound

cause as far as playing this song goes note to note, i have a 12 year old neice who nail it just fine. this song is the bread and butter of beginner songs, solo included.

decent stuff here btw

Screw tone or effects, im talking about strictly playing it as good as Cobain. I have heard MANY covers and only 2-3-4 close to the way Cobain plays it. Most people cannot play it well. If you are stating the opposit, prove it, link to people who have nailed the song note by note.
^^ yeah screw copying tones of artists. but why also copy the playing of an artist? well i mean, why perfect it while you have your own style? you may cover the song but why kill yourself perfecting the playing of an artist? strictly play it as good as cobain? i ask you now, did you strictly played like cobain on your smells like cover on your dmusic? especially the solo part? i would say be influenced by cobain. im not against you man. just stating an opinion.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Last edited by mothership at Jan 27, 2007,
do you a really nice studio or did you get an instrumental version of the song and play over it, cuz the vocals sound lots like kurt and the drums are almost identical

not like its a bad thing, cuz it still sounds badass
My gear:
Spector Legend Classic (4 str)
Ampeg BA115
Korg AX3000B Modeling Processor

O _0
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member of the "Shoop da Whoop" club. PM C.C. Deville to join
The drums/ vocals/bass were not done by me. They are backing tracks that can be found at guitarbt.com It's really good for doing guitar only covers. I added a whole other guitar track to the song and re-did the solo completely. Im gonna put it up tonight because i think its 100 times better. If anyone has some tone suggestions then im all ears.
I like your stuff to be honest.

It's easy but you stick to stuff you can play and get it sounding good not like other retards who try to play things way out of their league and end up making it sound terrible.

Good job.
As We Fly In This Blue Dream