Hey dudes. I was wondering if anyone can explain, or knows of a web page that can explain some stuff about using music theory to create certain moods or atmospheres. Obviously, i need something more in-depth than "major sounds happy, minor sounds sad."

I need info on using stuff like cadences, intervals, certain keys for certain things, modulation, etc.. to create tension and dynamics, and i want to be able to do it with less guesswork than i do right now.

i could go for anything from a well-formatted essay/article to a lesson, to a straight-up chart.

thanks in advance
Wikipedia has fairly good stuff on all of those. UG too, has good articles on all of those. Have you searched?
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
I've been studying music theory for a while and I know pretty much about it. I'll help you if you want me to.

What exactly do you want to know?
i can tell you this much; the time sig. and the modes you commonly use are what will give your song its feelin.
^^^^^^^^^^^^but ask this dude, he seems cool^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well, for an unexpected change in mood, I think the deceptive cadence works pretty well.

If you are familiar with cadences, the authentic cadence is V-I or V-i. Instead, for the deceptive cadence, you go V-vi in major, or V-VI in minor. You get the opposite type of chord you expect.

That's something to try out, but I think what you might find interesting is this article: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377401 I enjoyed reading it when it was posted.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out