Ok what are must techniques I should learn aside from palm muting? I have decided just to put aside time and perfect technique and get everything done smoothly seeing how about the only song that I can play well is Three days Grace Never too late, and the one I could easly play on my bass seven nation army... So what techniques should I defiantly spend time learning? If site information the subject would be good, I prefer ones with pictures but if not I can always look through the stuff here on this site as well hehe.
My Gear

Ibanez GSR 200
Schecter C4
Fender Rumble 100
alternate picking and string skipping I got pretty much down, though don't think I heard of legato though sounds familiar.
My Gear

Ibanez GSR 200
Schecter C4
Fender Rumble 100
Try some harmonic techniques, like pinch or tapped harmonics. They can sound real good if you use them right
Oh **** I gotta do vibrato
Legato is like hammer on/pull off/slides.
It makes your playing sound smoother, which is never a bad thing
Oh **** I gotta do vibrato
Practice hammer on and pull offs, and constantly watch your playing position. Being comfortable and being in a good playing position are 2 different things. Make having good posture comfortable.

Play some chromatics (1-2-3-4, 2-3-4-5, 7-8-9-10 etc.) 4 notes in a row, up and down the neck, up and down the strings making sure that you pick the exact time you fret the string. This is a good way to practice accuracy and stamina depending on how long you do this.
This will make alternate picking become more natural.

Do string skipping with chromatics jumping from E to D to A to G to e to B to e or something more like E to A to E to D to G and so on.

Its very wise to play scales and bump up the speeds to become more technical.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Yeah figured if I practice and get all the techniques down and do scales than it should allow me to play more advanced songs by the time i get those down.
My Gear

Ibanez GSR 200
Schecter C4
Fender Rumble 100