Does anybody else out there hate these? I cant stand them
It ticks me off when it says help these kids in this other country, do it to feel better about yourself and make a difference in the world for this small kid.
Its so stupid, why worry about the people in other countries
when there are ALOT of people we can help here in Canada, or in the States
or wherever the **** you live. Just one of those commericials costs tens of thousands of dollars to make, to reach out to people that dont give a shit.
Use that commericial money to help homeless people, sick people, or just plain hungry people here.
Ibanez SAS36FM
VOX AD100VT
Barracuda Stratocaster
Kustom Solo16 amp
Vagabong 6-string Acoustic guitar
Yamaha 12 string Acoustic Guitar
Quote by memyselfandjeff
Just one of those commericials costs tens of thousands of dollars to make, to reach out to people that dont give a shit.
Use that commericial money to help homeless people, sick people, or just plain hungry people here.

Good point, but they probably make more money with the commercials.
Easy to say when you live a good life and have food on the table.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
As long as people are being helped why does it matter. Why should we care if it's here or there.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Because in America, it's like, "You're hungry? Go get a job or cash in at a charity or something." In Ethiopia, it's like, "You're hungry?... Go die."
Poor people shouldnt breed, the end.
Dave Mustaine for president.
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
yes well we should care, cuz whos gonna help? If i had extra money id send it over there...most people just worry about themselves, which is fine but we should learn how to give a little. i always hated how charities got money by advertizing with celebrities that dont give a shit, but if thats the only way a charity is gonna get recognized, then i guess its ok.
Those African countries are generally very poor, so it's hard for them to help themselves. Their economies are nothing compared to the US or Canada, so i guess the commercials are a way for a larger country to give the small, weaker ones a platform which lets them move foward, instead of letting them get stuck in a cycle of poverty. Kids shouldn't die from poverty, its just not right. There are some people in Canada/US living in poverty, but compared to those African countries, the problem is nowhere near as large or immediate. Also, the commercials may cost thousands of dollars, but what is that to a first world country. I mean, you could play in the nfl and make a million dollars a year for kicking a football a few times a game. There is easily enough money to go around, dont you think?
Oh **** I gotta do vibrato
Quote by yawn
Yeah, why feed the starving people in Africa?

why should we feed them? Cuz theyre ****ing human beings that are just like us, just under different circumstances. They arent numb to their pain, like we may be to their feelings.
Quote by xDie_Romanticx
why should we feed them? Cuz theyre ****ing human beings that are just like us, just under different circumstances. They arent numb to their pain, like we may be to their feelings.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
Last edited by Gyroscope at Jan 20, 2007,
Quote by Gyroscope
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
Your intuition serves you well
Quote by xDie_Romanticx

Did you completely miss the, in that post?
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Seriously who cares about the starving africans oh sure I may be a barely wealthy person who eats everyday but I mean comon were all just animals here if you think about it, its called survival of the fittest. I mean if I was a skinny african who is starving I would either just die or feed off the land like eat worms and other stuff which provides great protein and other things as well. Obviously if your already a starving poor african why the hell would you have children that can do nothng but go through the same life you have?
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
Quote by SinisterX
Seriously who cares about the starving africans oh sure I may be a barely wealthy person who eats everyday but I mean comon were all just animals here if you think about it, its called survival of the fittest. I mean if I was a skinny african who is starving I would either just die or feed off the land like eat worms and other stuff which provides great protein and other things as well. Obviously if your already a starving poor african why the hell would you have children that can do nothng but go through the same life you have?

they dont ****in have birth control. they cant keep clean, they have aids and all this other shit. its kinda cold to not give a **** about them, like at least think its sad ya know? u dont have to go all out with charity and all, but still at least empathize a little.
Quote by SinisterX

Americans....
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by yawn
Yeah, why feed the starving people in Africa?

Exactly.

I am POSITIVE that the threadstarter probably has no idea what it must be like to even imagine the way people live in areas like that. I know I don't, but I plan on going over to volunteer after I get my degree, so that I can help, as well as aquire some perspective.

Honestly, there are people everywhere who need help, so instead of worrying about who needs it the most, why not help whoever you can?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by memyselfandjeff
Does anybody else out there hate these? I cant stand them
It ticks me off when it says help these kids in this other country, do it to feel better about yourself and make a difference in the world for this small kid.
Its so stupid, why worry about the people in other countries
when there are ALOT of people we can help here in Canada, or in the States
or wherever the **** you live. Just one of those commericials costs tens of thousands of dollars to make, to reach out to people that dont give a shit.

I lol because apparently you have beef with an ad, those guys have way worst problems than you man. If only they were UGer's and could complain about what pisses them off.

They're only asking those who want to help.

Oh yeah, and don't bitch about specific ad's because they all suck, just change the channel if you don't want to watch.....there's this invention called a remote.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by fatgraymatt
Hey, don't lump us all in with douchebags like Sinister X.

For one thing, a dollar here in the US won't buy someone a Happy Meal. A dollar in Africe or some South American countries will, as Dane Cook says, "fix his cleft lip and send him to Oxford".

For you guys with a little more humanity than Sinister, Christian Children's Fund is a cool organization. With them, you can actually pick a child to sponsor and at least 80% of the money you donate goes directly to that child. My wife and I sponsor a little girl in South America and it only costs about $20 a month. That small amount of money actually feeds her and pays for her school. She's the same age as my daughter and the two of them have exchanged letters, sort of become penpals, it's a pretty neat deal.

Just so you know, I'm not exactly a bleeding heart tree-hugger either. The girl we picked comes from a family with a married Mother and Father, and her Dad is employed. He just happens to be in a really poor area and doesn't make much money. The amount we send is less than we spend on satellite TV each month and it makes a big difference in her life, plus it's been a cool experience for m daughter to correspond with her.

For anyone who's interested, the site is:

http://www.christianchildrensfund.org/Default.aspx

Douchebag is such a harsh use of words there, I hope Bush bombs Africa for no reason and then gets hanged.
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
Quote by Mad Marius
Americans....

Hey, don't lump us all in with douchebags like Sinister X.

For one thing, a dollar here in the US won't buy someone a Happy Meal. A dollar in Africa or some South American countries will, as Dane Cook says, "fix Mogwai's cleft lip and send him to Oxford".

For you guys with a little more humanity than Sinister, Christian Children's Fund is a cool organization. With them, you can actually pick a child to sponsor and at least 80% of the money you donate goes directly to that child. My wife and I sponsor a little girl in South America and it only costs about $20 a month. That small amount of money actually feeds her and pays for her school. She's the same age as my daughter and the two of them have exchanged letters, sort of become penpals, it's a pretty neat deal.

Just so you know, I'm not exactly a bleeding heart tree-hugger either. The girl we picked comes from a family with a married Mother and Father, and her Dad is employed. He just happens to be in a really poor area and doesn't make much money. The amount we send is less than we spend on satellite TV each month and it makes a big difference in her life, plus it's been a cool experience for my daughter to correspond with her.

For anyone who's interested, the site is:

http://www.christianchildrensfund.org/Default.aspx
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Sinister, I actually meant to call the threadstarter a douchebag, but some of your comments were a bit, well, queef-ish, if not totally douchebaggy.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
just think

dont help them and then all the starvin marvins will die out and u wont have to see the funny man with the beard hand out watermelon to the little kids that cant pick it up and eat it

asshole,i think those silly africans just need like some tuberwate,a cell phone,and $3.50 and no more poverty
Because there's no way we're going to solve every single problem in the U.S.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
If you want to see something really sad involving African children, watch Blood Diamond. Just thinking about how stuff like that actually happened(and still does) and probably even worse that what was in the movie makes me lose hope in the human race. It's disgraceful.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.
yeah i agree, Blood diamond is so..disgusting, like to imagine that happening while people in the u.s and canada are sayin how bad their lives are cause they have to work...12 year olds are brainwashed to shoot their familys and friends. compared to them...we have it easy.
hello, i've waited here for you e.v.e.r.l.o.n.g