Ok Ive owned the pedal for about four years but never paid much attention to it, and today i threw it in the line up and OMG the tones it has! i can get an incredible sound like Killswitch lead tone, withall controlls near noon or so, level noon, low 11 high 1 and morph at 11 so now my question is.

Should I just try to find my sound on one of my recto's channels cus I feel like im cheatin the recto out of its holy grail ness if i use a didgtal pedal in front of its clean channel...

Can the mesa get that tone? or am i stuck using this epdal now instead of the 1300 dollar amp i bought...

lol I know its a weird question but..

Im moer than happy with my tone but i lacks the one elemnt that makes the pedal appealing..
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
i'm not a big mesa fan one way or the other, so my first suggestion would be to sell the amp (if you like the pedal more anyway) and buy a nice, class A tube amp with lots of headroom and run the stompbox into that. don't be married to a piece of gear just because you spent some money on it. always go with what sounds best to your ears
Ok so what I guess Im getting at, is, The pedal get the tone but its still a processed digital sound that lacks warmth and dynamics, so the mesa has alll of tha but i cnt dial in that tone. I was looking for opinions on how to balace the two maybe...
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
I have the digitech metal master also, and it creates truly incredible tones for me too when i tweak around with my amp, i always find some sweet spots haha i love it, Metal master is probably the only good thing digitech has done as far as distortion though
And as the walls come down, and as I look in your eyes
my fear begins to fade, recalling all of the times
I have died, and will die.
It's all right. I don't mind.
try a different amp that was made for that tone. current mesas are too low-endy, compressed, and muddy for the best punchy, tight tones. try looking into a Peavey 6505+, Madison Divinity, or Framus Cobra to start with.

if you don't feel like spending that much money, there are analog pedal options that'll do that tone (and better) like the Sansamp GT-2.
ok ok folks, im not loaded and my MEsa does just fine i liek it for our original songs it is My tone hands down, the way i sue it inst converntional for a mesa type tone but it sounds godly, the problem is covers. I could use my other amp which handles the pedal well but that means, tow heads, two cabs and a mass of pedals for a show... But i might just have to do it
Mail Goes here.

i have a metal master too, and ive found that it can sound good, i use an analog chorus to add warth though, and it works wonders for it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
any stting for your metal master?
Mail Goes here.

i keep mine at level=max low=little past 3 o clock, high=1 o clock and morph at 11 o clock. i use it for a more bassy sound and i use my metal muff for a more trebley sound

Last.fm
haha thats funny... mine i messed with for a bit and mine are level almost pegged, low at 2-230 high one, and morph at either 11 or a hair under 11.
Mail Goes here.

yeah, this thing has loads of bass and ive found its great for palm muting.

Last.fm
indeed. Although with my mesa, its over kill, so 2 usually does it,.
Mail Goes here.