i recently bought a fender american stratocaster and i noticed that when i push the amp to gain mode(distortion) any amp i do it with, its like when i dont make a sound, but its on volume theres a buzzing sound...when i asked the salesman in the store he said "thats the price you have to pay for that fender distorted sound..." and i was wondering if there was a way of making that noise go away with anything, maybe an efect or a pre amp

any suggestions?
Quote:
guy-get an ak-47 shoot him and blame it on his dog
man-he dont have one... can someone siriously help me?!
guy-just jack one froma local pet store. throw it in his yard. shoot him. duck tape the ak-14 to the dogs paw. run.. use gloves.
looks and sounds good! how much would it cost?
Quote:
guy-get an ak-47 shoot him and blame it on his dog
man-he dont have one... can someone siriously help me?!
guy-just jack one froma local pet store. throw it in his yard. shoot him. duck tape the ak-14 to the dogs paw. run.. use gloves.
Google it, just make sure it's because of the feedback....that guitar store guy is a kunt too.
yo.

I BELIEVE
my amp does that..... its not the guitar, ive got a Marshall Valvestate VS100 140kW
some pickups have more of the fuzzy sound than others. but usually its only loud fuzzy sound when u have the volume right up.....and if thats the case you really cant hear it if you are playing..... if im gunna stop for a minute, just turn volume on guitar down and the fuzziness stops.

if i have it on Clean with no overdrive channels on, i get none.

EDIT: im not sure if its the same thing ur asking about, because for me its really no problem. dont really even notice it....
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
Single coils buzz, its a known fact, get noiseless ones or a noise get like a ISP decimator or the boss ns-2 which is crap.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
Quote by shooky
i recently bought a fender american stratocaster and i noticed that when i push the amp to gain mode(distortion) any amp i do it with, its like when i dont make a sound, but its on volume theres a buzzing sound...when i asked the salesman in the store he said "thats the price you have to pay for that fender distorted sound..." and i was wondering if there was a way of making that noise go away with anything, maybe an efect or a pre amp

any suggestions?

It's just the buzz from the electrical current and background interference.. it's cuz of the single coils. Don't worry about it.. best guitar players had it.

But what you can do is replace the pickups like with some dimarzios or fenders that have noiseless coils.
Yeah, I agree with the pickup change over a noise suppressor....You could possibly nail two birds with one stone.

New tone, plus less or no feedback. winz winz situation.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Get a noiseless single coil set
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Ya, it might be because of the single coils. Some fender strats come with noise cancelling pickups in the middle. The interference comes, I think, from when you are using two pickups rather than just one, not sure though. Something about having a reverse wound pick cancells the hum. I know that this is not exactly right and might not even help you out but maybe someone else can clear up what I am getting at.
As people have already said, its because of the single coils. If you want to stop it, you're going to have to either get a humbucker installed, or get noiseless pickups.

Like the guy said, thats the price you have to pay for that distorted strat sound!
Since we are on the subject; would someone with a HSS set up be able to avoid the hum? Just wondering since I am considering buying a HSS model, if I ever have the cash.
If you can't buy a new set of pickups, you can sheild the body cavity and around the pickups and this will reduce it greatly. Also if there is a TV or Computer Moniter anywhere around turn them off. These produce a 60 cycle hum that can mess with single coils and by doing this it will eliminate the buzz almost completely.
Fender Strat '62 With Clapton signal processor and Fender Lace Sensors
Kustom DFX 100 (2x12)
Fender 150W all tube '64 vintage Amp (2x12)
Influences: Black Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeth

Say to Emo's.
Quote by TwistedLogic
Since we are on the subject; would someone with a HSS set up be able to avoid the hum? Just wondering since I am considering buying a HSS , if I ever have the cash.

Anything with a humbucker usually isn't affected by the 60 cycle hum from computers, but I still suggest shielding it.
Fender Strat '62 With Clapton signal processor and Fender Lace Sensors
Kustom DFX 100 (2x12)
Fender 150W all tube '64 vintage Amp (2x12)
Influences: Black Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeth

Say to Emo's.
i have stock pickups but i rewired them with 16 gauge wiring and sheilded all the wiring with copper ..... i got a little feedback at first, but i blew my amp so now i play through my stereo with a new pedal and i dont have any feedback at all ..... i suggest the korg ax3g you can get it for $50 at guitar center or musiciansfriend. its got like 80 presets for multi effects and you can edit them all and shit ..... plus it has like 5 reverbs and noise supression and it puts out pretty good tone. most amps ive used have had shitty distortion and produced a lot of feedback with no matter what guitar i heard. pedals are better anyways in my opinion, more control options plus you can operate them while your playing
Fucking Metal all the time

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

music page
You guys need to properly shield and wire your pickups. Your Pups should NOT be wired to the pots. There are other shielding mods you can make to reduce and possibly elimminate noise. If you don't know anything about wiring and soldering take the following article to a local guitar tech and have them do it for you.

http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/shielding/shield3.php
Last edited by magicninja_ at Jan 20, 2007,
or you can grow to love it. many guitarists use feedback like hendrix, morello, pretty much every 90s alternative rock guitarist. if not but some new pickups
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100