own a fender american stratocaster. when i bend up one note on any string, the bridge works as if i was pushing the whammy bar down so when i play a note, and bend another one while the other is stil ringing, it acts as if the whammy has been used...

what can i do?
oh...and i put it in this thread because no one answerd me in the other 3...
Quote:
guy-get an ak-47 shoot him and blame it on his dog
man-he dont have one... can someone siriously help me?!
guy-just jack one froma local pet store. throw it in his yard. shoot him. duck tape the ak-14 to the dogs paw. run.. use gloves.
i honestly dunno...
Quote:
guy-just jack one froma local pet store. throw it in his yard. shoot him. duck tape the ak-14 to the dogs paw. run.. use gloves.
Change the springs in the bridge. The reason it's moving are that the springs are to loose. Just ad more or change them.

Edit: The extra tension on the strings makes the bridge move
I thought this is suposed to happen on guitars with whammys. Bending a string means the tension is increased, which pulls the bridge towards the body, reducing the tension on the other strings.
When did you get it?? Where aswell.

And also, could you please explain it again?? (It was really hard to read)
yo.

I BELIEVE
i got it at a large chain in tel-aviv israel-where i live....
its like when i bend a string, the bridge moves towords the body which causes the tone of the other strings to go down half a step.
got it?
edit: i got it 2 monthes ago and i just noticed
Quote:
Last edited by shooky at Jan 20, 2007,