Hi,

I'm just trying to find out what is a valvestate amp and is it and good, also whats the difference between getting a dsl401 combo and a dsl head, with a cabinet. Surely there gonna give the same sound and tone.
Valve state means they use a single valve in the pre amp section to get that valve tone when evrything else is solid state. Its a marketing gimmik and makes no difference whatso ever. Some people actualy say the dsl head sounds better than a combo, this is the case with quite alot of amps, it will also be louder depending on what speakers you use.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

a marketing ploy
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music

GEAR
FENDER HOT ROD DELUXE
YAMAHA PACIFICA
BOSS DS2
POD XT LIVE
Yeah, it is a trick, but the Valvestate we have in our church band is actually really nice. Not that warm all-tube sound, but really versatile and all in all nice.
Originally posted by kornrules09
well if it comes with pick, I say get it!
Valvestate is just Marshall's name for hybrid amps. They only have one preamp tube.

DSL heads sound much better than the combos, they have different poweramps and you can choose your speakers. If you can go for the head. IMO the combo sounds pretty crap, but the head is pretty decent.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock