ok i play a squier affinity through a guv'nor-2 and a crate 15W amp.
my sqaier has been modded out with hot rails and such and my amp actually sounds good with the clean and the pedal does good distortion.

now i want a new guitar probably a jackson RR3 or RX10D and then i also want the Line6 III 75 watt amp and i also want a Crybaby GCB95

now i eventually will get all of these but which should i get first? the amp will make my playing sound better but the guitar will actually make me play better and the Wahwah is just somin i really want cos there fun.

so which first?
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
get amp first unless u really hate your current guitar then get the guitar first
i do really hate it much more than my little amp which i kinda like
Quote by sg255

Quote by GD_GC

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
dont get a spider 2, ive heard badd things about them, and a good amp is what like 70% of your tone comes from.
but a new guitar is always good so yeah choose what you thinks more important to you
amp definetely it forms 70% of youre tone, i would definetely go for a new amp but not a line 6 spider cuz they suck, i would suggest the roland cube 60
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
Ok, leave the guitar, because a good amp can make most guitars sound really good! Whats your budget?? (for the Amp)
i wont its a spider 3 III

about £2-400 so a Line6 spider 3 is in the range
Quote by sg255

Quote by GD_GC

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
well for up to four hundred you get get a tube amp, such as the ashdown fallen angel or marshall dsl401, you shoudnt settle for ss modelling when you can go all tube.

ashdown
http://www.spectresound.co.uk/product.asp?ID=2111

marshall
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/marshall-dsl401/283
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
Last edited by chris24789 at Jan 20, 2007,
I dont gig and i'm not in a band so a new powerful amp isn't a massive deal but improving my playing is.
Quote by sg255

Quote by GD_GC

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
ok, dont bother with the Marshall or Ashdown, unless you plan on joining a band in the near future. Other than that they will go to waste especially 40 watts, and that is loud!
if i get the RX10D then i can save only a little more to get the corresponding amp thus following the 10 commandments rather then getting a RR3 a waiting a till i can afford a amp which is just as good.
Quote by sg255

Quote by GD_GC

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
Quote by philipisabeast
dont get a spider 2, ive heard badd things about them, and a good amp is what like 70% of your tone comes from.
but a new guitar is always good so yeah choose what you thinks more important to you

I personally like my Spider 2 75 watt. You need to crank it to about 6 let the real tone out, but I found it to be great for a 2nd amp. When I purchased it, I was just a bedroom practicer, but now I need it to keep up volume wise with everyone else. It's presets, as well as it's 4 tone storage buttons are great. The built in distortion is the best i've listened in a solid state amp. And for being in the 100-250 $ range it's a steal.
Quote by Timothy Leary
They've outlawed the number one vegetable on the planet.

Start a fire for a man and keep him warm for a day, start that same man on fire and he will be warm for life.
so if i get the spider 2 75 watt i could get both? thats a good idea!
Quote by sg255

Quote by GD_GC

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
Quote by Americanhoser
I personally like my Spider 2 75 watt. You need to crank it to about 6 let the real tone out, but I found it to be great for a 2nd amp. When I purchased it, I was just a bedroom practicer, but now I need it to keep up volume wise with everyone else. It's presets, as well as it's 4 tone storage buttons are great. The built in distortion is the best i've listened in a solid state amp. And for being in the 100-250 $ range it's a steal.

Yeah I don't get why everybody hates Spider IIs, I love mine. I know it's not the best amp out there, not close, but that doesnt make it a crappy amp, you just have to play with the controls a little bit.
Set-Up
Schecter Diamond Series Omen 6 & Ovation CC24 & Ibanez GSR200
Digitech GNX3
Line 6 Spider 2 112
actually the only amp i really need is one thats really good at cleans cos i love my guv'nor pedal anyway. am i right? or would the fact that it would have to amplify distortion still spaz it up?
Quote by sg255

Quote by GD_GC

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
Spiders are average at best. They're better than MGs but not good at much.

Modelling amps tend not to work well with pedals either. And the spider is one of those, so you wouldn't be able to use the guv'nor very well.

Roland Cubes are very good. See if you can pick up a Cube 60, they seem to be going cheap. I have a friend who's after a Spider, and I gave him some Cube soundclips. He said, and I quote: "DUDE! THAT IS FRIGGIN AWESOME! OMG!" They have good cleans too. Not like the fake crap ones on the Spider. But that's modelling too, so you won't be using your guv'nor with it too well, but it has good inbuilt distortion.

Check out the VOX Valvetronix too. I tried one, lovely sounding amp.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
ok i get it so are there any good mostly clean amps that i could pickup cheap?which aren't modelled or would i have to go for something old?

EDIT sorry for my n00bness
Quote by sg255

Quote by GD_GC

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
Last edited by Toms' anominous at Jan 20, 2007,