Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
Oh my god im sorry but i listened to about 20sec of that and i wana smack the vocalist thats how much I hate the vocal style!!! didnt get a chance to listen to the guitar tho.. i cant listen to that!..

....play that at a real metal gig, I DARE YOU

... I have to listen to some megadeth... NOW

.... synth002
Dude, everything perfect in this song, it sort of reminded me of Deathcab...in a good way though, the difference was that your song I Liked; What setup do you have man, that sounds very professional; The words are beautiful, A+ man, have you got a record deal? You could definitely make it in todays world; I can't really think of anything wrong with this, the vocals are perfect, the piano part is captivating, the drums are done well, and the bass is nice too, it's all mixed pretty well

Crit 4 Crit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509168
yeah it sounds very good, and the acoustic guitar is good mixed. The vocals are good, but sometimes i think i hear that you pitched the voice? vocooder or somethign?

Great job anyways
Quote by synth002
Oh my god im sorry but i listened to about 20sec of that and i wana smack the vocalist thats how much I hate the vocal style!!! didnt get a chance to listen to the guitar tho.. i cant listen to that!..

....play that at a real metal gig, I DARE YOU

... I have to listen to some megadeth... NOW

.... synth002

Wow. I think I want to smack you, you obviously have no taste in music, not the fact that you didn't like mine, but the fact that you can't even open up to other generas, I never said this was metal at all its far from it but I don't harrass music like that.
Grow up.

Thanks eveyone else who commented.
My setup is pretty simple, Rode NT1A -> M-Audio 410 -> Pro Tools M-Powered.
Quote by Errx
yeah it sounds very good, and the acoustic guitar is good mixed. The vocals are good, but sometimes i think i hear that you pitched the voice? vocooder or somethign?

Great job anyways

I think you were listening to the wrong song, there is no acoustic in Fireworks and Sounds. Smile for me baby my first song on my myspace has it though and there was a part where I went out of tune and fixed it, I don't use a constant pitch tool, just on touch up, apparently you can tell
LoL your rite really Im very picky about my taste in music, im just not into that "I cryed while I sang this track" sorta music! you cant say I have no taste in music tho thats just being a little big bigheaded about an overcroweded genre!!

And jesus man I dont really think I was "harrassing" your music or whateva, im sorry if I upset you tho.. I never ment to hurt man! I wasnt being nasty or whateva y'know.

If it makes you feel any better for what it is its not unlike a lot signed bands who do the same thing..

synth002
Last edited by synth002 at Jan 23, 2007,
My setup is pretty simple, Rode NT1A -> M-Audio 410 -> Pro Tools M-Powered.

Haha, you use Pro Tools and then you say you have a simple setup? Hehe, I just use Audacity and my laptop mic, an Ibanez Grx-10(or is it 20?) and a roland micro cube, mic'ed...it's not even lined in! :-) Hehe, despite your setup you got a very good, professional sounding song done; Synth002 can **** off, he needs to quit brutalizing everyone, especially since when I last checked he hasn't recently contributed anything superior or amazing to be crit'ed; "Try playing that at a metal show", what the hell? It's not classified as metal!

Michael
Last edited by fingersofflame at Jan 23, 2007,
I must say I'm impressed both with the Song which is awsome, and the recording quality which is probably some of the best I have seen from this Forum. Props keep it up.
Pretty sweet man, I think the snare could be tweaked a little bit (maybe that's just a personal taste thing), but seriously, nice job. Really excellent sound and great for chill music. Good work.
It's very nice stuff. Always nice to see a girl in a band, they can get a more gentle, easy-flowing quality into the songs than most male songwriters.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
hey man I loved Fireworks and Sound. (all I've listened to so far, more later of course) While it could be grouped in some of today's genres, it was much more genuine and unique than stuff I normally hear. Great job. The recording quality was also excellent. How much did all the software and mics cost you? Was it done at home?
Would you mind giving a critique to my bands song? The recording quality isn't near as good but we definitely love feedback.
Thanks man,
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506720
i like a lot of your stuff.

Vocals on this remind me of the guy from snow patrol. Very professional sounding recording, i bet you worked hard on this, and its paid off well.

keep it going!

htpp://www.olivergoldingmusic.com
I really like very chilled and mellow. I love that heart-beat beat towards the end. I couldn't see how you could improve on this at all.

Any chance you could crit my song? Your heart is a beatboxlink
Last edited by crazymac at Jan 28, 2007,
The recording quality is good. I see you were in responsible for mixing (which can be a bitch sometimes), but everything seems to sit well in the mix. The one thing suggestion I have would be to go an octave up on the vocals every now and then to give the vox some more dynamics. I kept waiting for the song to take off - it did musically, but seemed to leave the vox behind. All in all, a job well done - it's nice to hear some quality recordings too.

Crit mine please

-Chris/Ablyss