its a schecter damien 7.and im gonna get a floyd rose 7 string tremolo put on it but what about pickups.i found these on musicians friend and i was wondering are any of them good/great.
seymour duncan custom 7 string pickups.
seymour duncan distortion 7 string pickups.
seymour duncan invader 7 string pickup.
seymour duncan JB model 7 string pickup.
and EMG 707 pickups.

and i was just wondering if these seymour duncan lw-hmets livewire metal pickups could come as a seven string pickup.
im using a dimarzio blaze 7 in the bridge. They've come down in price since i believe they've been discontinued. I only paid 40 bucks for mine. I usually am an EMG freak, but since you have to get a bigger hole cut to fit any of the 7string pickups made by emg, i said id pass. I dont have the slightest clue why they ONLY make them in bass encasing, but whatever. I've never used an seymour duncans in 7string and i dont really know anyone who does. Most 7string players use dimarzio or emg. but that doesnt mean the other ones arent good. To my knowledge they dont make livewires in seven yet. I love my dimarzio and would recommend it to anyone, so check them out too.
Quote by ready2breakdown
im using a dimarzio blaze 7 in the bridge. They've come down in price since i believe they've been discontinued. I only paid 40 bucks for mine. I usually am an EMG freak, but since you have to get a bigger hole cut to fit any of the 7string pickups made by emg, i said id pass. I dont have the slightest clue why they ONLY make them in bass encasing, but whatever. I've never used an seymour duncans in 7string and i dont really know anyone who does. Most 7string players use dimarzio or emg. but that doesnt mean the other ones arent good. To my knowledge they dont make livewires in seven yet. I love my dimarzio and would recommend it to anyone, so check them out too.

are they good for metal like thrash metal and hard rock?

edit: this may be a stupid qeustion but if i got pickups for the seven string,even if there not EMG's,would i be able to install the emg afterburner,the emg-EXG,or the EMG-PA2 in the guitar?
Last edited by wetwilliamthe3r at Jan 20, 2007,
^ Don't think so, but you should get EMG's anyways since there is already the larger hole and EMG's are awsome.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
i dont think so with afterburner, but i may be wrong. Ive never really seen them anywhere but on the dan jacobson guitars, so i dont know how they are wired in. The dimarzios are good for thrash and hard rock, thats all i play! But you can be like a seymour duncan pickup booster pedal or a rocktron nitro pedal to replace the afterburner if that doesnt work out. what i would do is talk to a tech and find out about the afterburner, because thats probably not a common setup.

^^^the emgs will not fit, so unless you wanna mod your guitar, dont mess with them! dont listen to him.