Yes i drilled a hole and placed a pot long way back. But it didn't do much. Why? It was a linear pot. Yesterday my audio taper pot and knob arrived and me and my dad installed it. It looks beautiful. It's also very practical. So it's more or less a JCM800 now, but it sounds awesome.

Pics (note the extra knob and indicator lamp being moved):
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I wouldn't have modded it myself, but its yours. Lost its collector's value
^Well i bought it used in the first place. Plus its got a bump on the back which already dropped it's collector's value. And i love this amp and i will keep it, so why not mod it?
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

^Yeha it really does. With the Yellow Jackets i get break up on 3-4 so i can get a great classic rock sound (think Thin Lizzy/ Led Zep sound) with it. As i said it sounds very much like a JCM800 (actully a JCM800 sounds very much like a Plexi)
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

^

I love the look with the new knob, since i wanted to keep all the the inputs my dad said, why not use the indicator hole! We'll also try to see if theres some way we can add a text that says MASTER.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel
^Yeha it really does. With the Yellow Jackets i get break up on 3-4 so i can get a great classic rock sound (think Thin Lizzy/ Led Zep sound) with it. As i said it sounds very much like a JCM800 (actully a JCM800 sounds very much like a Plexi)

There's a band not mentioned enough. Good job!

*covets the amp*
Awesome stuff Gabel, that should be awesome with a master volume.

Last edited by AdamDK at Jan 20, 2007,
Oops lmao - I ment Kerry,

*Runs off scared of zeeee mighty Gabelzzzz*

Wait, wrong thread lmao.
Last edited by AdamDK at Jan 20, 2007,
will you stop doing the cheers?

anyway, i'm sure if you regret it you can just buy a new faceplate and unmod it, but it sound like it is a much cooler amp now.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by woodenbandman
will you stop doing the cheers?

anyway, i'm sure if you regret it you can just buy a new faceplate and unmod it, but it sound like it is a much cooler amp now.

Why would i regret it ?
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

A while back (Before I joined UG) I made this guitar animation with EVH, Yngwie J. Malmsteen, and Jimi. When I was making Jimi's super 100 double cab, I used Helvetica and Univers for the lettering and it worked perfectly! My advice: Get "MASTER" engraved. It'd look badass in all caps, but hey, you could keep it like all the other lables on the head.
My gear
Fender Bullet Reverb Amp
Foxxe Strat Copy
I Guitar Hero