I have 3 single coil Fender Stratocaster pickups which i'm going to buy off somebody. These are out of a Stratocaster, not a strat copy. The question i'm asking, is how much would you pay for these? Remember these are second hand.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
Depends on what kind they are and where they came from ... from a Standard Strat (MIM), an American Strat, a 57/62 RI, SCN, Texas Specials, TexMex, Lace Sensors, Alnico 2, 62 RI, 57 RI, etc. I'd go check out eBay and see how much they go for to get an approximate value. Then, if he's your friend, I'd just ask for them.

Otherwise, offer half for what they sell on eBay.
Quote by Ippon
Depends on what kind they are and where they came from ... from a Standard Strat (MIM), an American Strat, a 57/62 RI, SCN, Texas Specials, TexMex, Lace Sensors, Alnico 2, 62 RI, 57 RI, etc. I'd go check out eBay and see how much they go for to get an approximate value. Then, if he's your friend, I'd just ask for them.

Otherwise, offer half for what they sell on eBay.

If he's your friend, you could also consider not f*cking him over. If he wants to give them to you for free, let him do it. That's not your suggestion to make.
Quote by tanman
If he's your friend, you could also consider not f*cking him over. If he wants to give them to you for free, let him do it. That's not your suggestion to make.

He isn't my friend as such lol. He's my guitar teacher. To be honest i'm not sure what they came from. My best bet would be to say a MIM but i'm not 100% sure. How much would they be then?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Quote by tanman

"Friend" like most everything else such as skill, quality, passion, etc. is relative. I spent maybe a total of 48 hours painting a friend's guitar, used my funds for the finishing supplies, upgraded the PUs with some I had gathering dust, upgraded the bridge, etc. and didn't charge anything. In the same token, I've gotten free consoles or games or CDs or DVDs because I said Gimme it.

I can ask stuff from friends. Sometimes I can get away with it and sometimes I get turned down. Nobody gets offended when turned down .... we don't get outraged to the point of feeling somebody's getting F|_|CKED UP. Like intelligence or understanding subtlety or fighting abilities or solving complex Math problems, your mileage may vary.

Lordoflax, try Guitar Fetish for truly inexpensive PUs. Lots of modders have had good experiences with them. Good Luck!

Quote by Lordoflax
. He's my guitar teacher.

The thing is, ive got them installed now, and he told me to tell him how much id pay for them in my next lesson. So thats why i'm asking you guys.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Quote by Ippon
Ask him what's a fair price? Since nobody has a clue ...

I probably will, but I don't think he knows to be honest.

Does anyone have an idea in price range. like £10-20 £20-30 or more.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Last edited by Lordoflax at Jan 20, 2007,