So my problem is, Ive just installed some strat pickups to one of my guitar and havn't put any strings on. So I wanted to test it to make sure it worked without strings before putting them on. Everything seemed fine until i'm moved the pickup selector to the use the middle pickup. When i touch the poles on this pickup it picks up me touching, but quite noticable. Can anybody give me some advice before I put the strings back on.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
Maybe you put the bridge pickup in the middle. But that still doesn't make much sense, because bridge pickups usually aren't that much hotter. So how big is the difference, compared to the neck and bridge?
Well its notcibly louder. I can't really think of anything to compare it to, but does nobody have any immediate idea of what it could be?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Quote by Lordoflax
Well its notcibly louder. I can't really think of anything to compare it to, but does nobody have any immediate idea of what it could be?

Well, the only reason I can think of is that it's hotter than the other pickups, which could be because it's the bridge pickup.
This pickup differed to the others in the context that it had a red ground wire instead of the dark blue.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Anybody got any suggestions about what it could be, or is it something I shouldn't worry about.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!