I've come to a choice. I can either save up $200 and buy all new pickups for my S470, and keep playing it through my vox, or I can save up for a tube amp, and get pickups later.
Tough decision.

Pickups can improve your sound, but in the long run, the amp is probably the smartest decision.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
I'm in the same situation man.

But I've decided to go for a new tube amp. I just have to figure out what to get.
DRM, it's killing music.
I'm also getting shitloads of hum from my S470, so I dont know whether it's the pickups or the amp.
^You could look into getting a noise gate for about 90 bucks.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
^It could also be the cables. Or the fact that you may have your amp plugged into an output with different plugs.
There's a whole lot of things that can cause hums.
Sent from my iPad.
New amp will be the MUCH better choice. Also, try new cables, and maybe invest into a noise gate for the hum.
the s470 does not have reverse wond pickup in the center so i suggest new pickups and geting a reverse wound/ polarity in the center it has nothing to do with ur amp and a noisegate wont help you will always get hum on the middle pickup caus its a single coil but if u get new pickups it will be fine put a vintage rails or any of the rail series in the mid
Guitars:
Ibanez IC300
Fender American Strat w/RioGrande texas specials

Amps:
Fender FM212R
a now broken tube amp

Quote by Gofishus
Dual Core. Do More. <-- Intel branded women.

Member of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Fan Club
Last edited by M4jorpiz at Jan 20, 2007,
The Valvetronix amps have a built-in noise gate.

A new amp would probably bring more gratification than the pu's though.