I'm looking for a good acoustic pickup for my 12 string, does anyone know what a good deal is? I'm looking to stay below $100, although I may go up to around $120 if it's reccomended.

BTW, this probably won't be permanent, just to play a few gigs before I gather the money to get a good quality one if I can't afford it now.
Dickless.
No expert on acoustic pickups but i know that you can use a normal pickup for 12 strings, dimarzio has a few acoustic ones, but i dont know the best brands or models.
Quote by Alexander_BR
No expert on acoustic pickups but i know that you can use a normal pickup for 12 strings, dimarzio has a few acoustic ones, but i dont know the best brands or models.

I was looking at a Dimarzio, as well as a seymour Duncan, but there were 1 or 2 bad reviews, which ONLY seems to happe with insanely bad products.
Dickless.
is it safe to assume you are looking at magnetic soundhole pickups?
Quote by jimtaka
is it safe to assume you are looking at magnetic soundhole pickups?

Yes, but if I can find a good clip on mic around that price, definitley give me a link.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
I'm looking for a good acoustic pickup for my 12 string, does anyone know what a good deal is? I'm looking to stay below $100, although I may go up to around $120 if it's reccomended.

BTW, this probably won't be permanent, just to play a few gigs before I gather the money to get a good quality one if I can't afford it now.

Amplifying live 12 string acoustic is still a nightmare for the guys in charge of the sound system.

The quick answer for minimum service to get through, is the LR Baggs M1.

Be aware that there are quite a number of tricks to achieve good live results with 12 strings, but they are very specific to the reference sound you are looking to achieve.

Even today, the most faithful amplification of 12 strings goes through a mic setup, not pickups.

But the 60s saw a few people experimenting and discovering new useable sounds out of using magnetic pickups on 12 strings. I.e., a very recognizable 12-str acoustic sound is what you get by mounting a DeArmond pickup in the soundhole.