Is it better to have one multi-effect pedal or a overdrive//distortion pedal, chorus, delay...etc, etc..
its alll preferance. theres no real difference.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez Jump Start
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke 412 Cab
Boss Chromatic Tuner Pedal
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez Weaping Demon
Individual pedals will usually be better, so single stomp boxes
In terms of quality of effect, it's best to have separate pedals but it's also more convenient to just have one multi-effect pedal. Personally, with a good multi-effect pedal, you can't tell much of a difference.
mmmk.
dunno.. i have a zoom 505 guitar effect.. i'm kinda happy with it.. i only miss the volume pedal
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
when I use the multi-effects with my Vintage Tube Amps (2) they sound like crap - sound great with SS amps though (2 of those too) - on my tubers I now use a Tubescreamer and a Boss DS-1 and they sound great - so I'd say Multi with SS and single pedals with tubes...
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
I use an ME50 into an SD-1, which is my "sound" and the moment, it's amazing.
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
It all depends on where you play. If you expect to gig and play in front of people often, then definitely use single pedals, as they sound infinitely better. If you just plan on playing in your bedroom as a hobby, then multieffects will suit your needs.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
If you have the cash for it or only need one or two effects, go for single effects pedals. If you're on a budget and want a lot of effects, go for the multi-effects pedals.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
Squire Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb RI
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
Quote by andrew7667
If you have the cash for it or only need one or two effects, go for single effects pedals. If you're on a budget and want a lot of effects, go for the multi-effects pedals.

basically, yeah.

once you get up to big prices though, single pedals will be better. unless you want to go with rack fx.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?