Hey, first post in this area, but i'm familiar with UG in all.

Okay, so I have just begun playing guitar....3 weeks ago, and I know it's probally little early for me writing my own stuff, but I am bored so yeah.

THis is a work in progress, I just wanted to basic crit, ideas how to keep it going.

IT will be an acoustic rock song at the begining then go to a distorted guitar...

It's a power tab file.

I hope I didn't break any of the rules...about length of it...
Attachments:
attempt at song.zip
I think it's too thin, maybe add in chords? Plus, speed it up a little, and just see what you come up with from there.

(First post too )
Quote by DUP3R
I like my women like I like my Pop-tarts : dipped in blood and covered in a gay man's feces.

This sig was too fucking big. Make it smaller next time, chief.
Kay thanks, thats bassically just an intro.

What do you mean thin exactly?

And about the chords...ha..yeah i'm tyring to make it where i can acctually play it...haha...and i dotn know alot of chords

thanks for reply though
Hey, try to make some more of the song, then post it here. And don't post your absolutely first riffs. First song yes, but no first riffs. IMO you should take some experience, try by yourself first, without showing anyone. Well, 3 weeks aren't early, unless you know some basic chords and scales. Check the scales on UG site. It will help you. And you should learn some songs, before making your own, that's my proposition. But if you want, you can continue making this song. It sounds pretty good.
ha, thanks you are right...I am changing it alot...but i figured it'd be good to just see wat people think of the sound...because well i am sorta stuborn and i like to move faster then i should, but...yeah...

I change it alot...so here is the new version(i don't think it's just riffs now....)

and I can play of it....It's not that hard but I can play it....the only problem i am having is the seconed part of the intro...jumping from 7 to 6 is sorta diffuclt...but i can everything else....
Attachments:
ice.zip
Your new song,some of the notes seem a little off, I suggest you have a look at all the other notes you could play, and see which one sounds best in context. You also have some strange rhythms in there. Some parts looked as if you put in a repeat bar instead of writing out a slightly different variant to a riff. With a bit more patience I reckon you can do a lot better
Quote by DUP3R
I like my women like I like my Pop-tarts : dipped in blood and covered in a gay man's feces.

This sig was too fucking big. Make it smaller next time, chief.