Okay, something wierd is happening with my guitar. Whenever I tune the top three strings, the bottom three go out of tune. Whenever I tune the bottom three, the top three go out of tune. I've adjusted the trem, it's not too loose, and it's screwed in evenly. I can't figure out what's going wrong. Any ideas?
maybe the nut is loose?

something somewhere has to be loose because the preasure cant be distributed evenly on both sides of your guitar
dont Listen to my friends band at: -www.sweetnightmare.com
-www.myspace.com/sweetnightmare1
-www.purevolume.com/sweetnightmare
Try tuning them alltogether till they are all tuned...I hed kind of the same problem,cause I had a crappy Ibanez,but not that much...
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
Do you have a Floyd Rose? If so, then that is the problem. When you tune a string on a Floyd Rose it will detune the other strings.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Sgstrummer, that's not exactly the problem...I have fr's on all my guitars, and while the problem is probably related to the floyd rose, it doesn't happen on any of my others.
Like said, new strings? They'll need stretching if so....
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
i've found that stretching takes care of this a lot of the time, but i've pretty much switched over completey to TOM style bridges, and it's not as big of a deal anymore. but definitely stretch your new strings. it cuts about 15-20 minutes off your tune-up time. i've heard reports that it makes them not last as long, but i've seen no proof.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Quote by SynysterGates90
Sgstrummer, that's not exactly the problem...I have fr's on all my guitars, and while the problem is probably related to the floyd rose, it doesn't happen on any of my others.

tell me...

how DO you tune the system from the start?
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
new tuners maybe? either that or your strings arent on in the right way and they keep slipping which i am guessing it is.
Quote by madpickin03
tell me...

how DO you tune the system from the start?

I tune it normally, see if I like the tension, and adjust the trem if I don't.