O.k., right now i got a gibson faded sg stock everything. I want to do a simple pickup swap for more output and a better tone. I like EMGs but people say duncans get way better tone, so i went to my local music shop and they dont cary and guitars with duncans or anctive emgs you have to special order them(wtf?). Anywho, i went to musicians friend and found the Seymour Duncan Distortion Mayhem SH-6 Humbucker Pair for $125.99 and Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded Humbucker Set for $129.99 it has a (SH-4 and SH-2 in it). I want a metal sound kinda like atreyu...oh and i have about a $200 budget if you have any other sugestions...
My Rig...

Guitars:
2003 Ovation Collectors Series
Custom U.S.A. Parts Strat
Gibson SG Faded Special

Amps:
Crate V50 112
Fender Sidekick Reverb 65

Fx:
Boss CH-1
Boss CS-3
Boss DS-1
Boss NS-2
Original Crybaby
yeah, atreyu use esp's w/ emgs 81/85, and peavy 6505 heads, but i got a schecter hellraiser with emgs, and a peavey valveking 112(tube), and i get a pretty sweet tone out of it. its hard to get just the right amount of distortion thoug, cuz if i palm mute sum junk then go to play a note, a lot of times i have the distortion so high that the note is almost muffled by the preceding palm mute. but emgs are in fact very good for metal, and i havent had any experience with seymours duncans whatever, so i cant help u much there.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
thnx for the input but need to know a little about the duncans....oh and has anyone had experience with invaders?
My Rig...

Guitars:
2003 Ovation Collectors Series
Custom U.S.A. Parts Strat
Gibson SG Faded Special

Amps:
Crate V50 112
Fender Sidekick Reverb 65

Fx:
Boss CH-1
Boss CS-3
Boss DS-1
Boss NS-2
Original Crybaby
don't be fraid to try the seymour duncan set. although I prefer the sh-1, I put one in my Les Paul, heard a lot of good stuff bout the sh4 and sh2
A SH-6 Duncan Distortion in the bridge and a SH-2 Jazz in the neck will be better suited for metal the the JB and the Jazz, I think. Mix and match. This combo will be pretty versatile, too. Aggressive leads and rhythm crunch from the bridge, and smooth, warm, yet potentially heavy rhythms and leads from up top.