I'm looking at getting a highway one telecaster, Any opinions by people who own one or who have played them exstensively? I've tried one in store and loved it. Also any other reccomendations of things to try and find to try and compare to in the price range (about 800$ canadian). THank you for anyone who can help.
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
Alright I just have a Standard Telecaster and I love it except for when u solo sometimes it gets in the way on the highder frets, but u learn to get around that. I'd say the highway one is pretty good seeing as how it has more features and if it actually has 22 frets that makes it even better. But yea...it depends on wut kind of music u play because I actually have the wrong kind of guitar for the hardcore and metal I play even though I did replace the pickups. If ur just rocking out and not getting too heavy then yeah its good.
ya i like playing a bit of everything, but already have like a fat strat style guitar. I mostly play like classic rock, punk rock type stuff and bluesy type stuff. I'm seriously considering this guitar, any other reccomended guitars in the price range to check out though. The Schecter C-1 seems really nice for a little cheaper.
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
I've read reviews about both the Tele and Strat highway's, and they sound awsome. I read these reviews from Guitar Buyer - it sounds good. I'd seriously reccommend you try it.
Theyre good but not as good as Standard Americans, Id save up a little longer and get a full MIA standard strat.
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
Is the upgrade to american worth it? I CAN afford it, but i don't want to spend that much money. A highway one telecaster should do the job just as well shouldn't it? and i like the nitro matte finish.
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
O its your choice, its a personal thing, but try them both.
My Gear :
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Red Furry guitar strap

They are nice guitars, but I would recommend a p/up swap with them. Or you could do what I did, get a nashville tele. They are some of the highest end mexicans, so they are built really well. I compared mine with a highway one and preferred mine. One thing I would recommend doing though is to switch the neck and middle pickups on the selector switch. This will give you that traditional tele neck/bridge tone everyone loves.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
i actually think the highway ones are better than the standard americans if u switch the pups because of all the new features they put on the highway ones
I think its a personal thing more than anything else. The standard MIA are great because they are so basic and simple but as above says the highway one may be better because it has more features. The only way to find out is try them both out.
My Gear :
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Red Furry guitar strap

i tried a highway 1 tele and it was impossible to tune even the guy that was working at the shop had a hard time tuning it(must of been a dud) so i didnt get to really try it coz it was so bad. the highway 1 strat was my 2 choice guitar when i was looking to buy a new guitar but i chose my 60th aniversary standard strat over it coz i fell it packed that little bit more off a punch, highway 1 strats are still really good though
I got a highway tele and its so nice 2 play, my god i love it better than any strat ive ever played so probs my fave fender guitar...
I even play metal on it although it isn't made for it it still sounds great

:P
Try the Baja Tele -- it was designed by the Fender Custom Shop and is only $50 more than the Highway One.
Dude get one, I was at a fender demonstration of all their new stuff and the highway one's sound awesome even with that new fender G-Dec 15 watt amp.