hi, whenever i play guitar while sitting down, i get back pains just below my shoulder of my fretting hand. does anyone know how to stop me from getting these pains? thanks in advance.

- Faisal
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
yeah, i sometimes get it in my picking shoulder, but not as much
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
dont hunch over the guitar. lift one foot on a foot rest, and put the guitar on ur opposite leg if u have to.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
thanks, ill try it out

- Faisal
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Practise standing up, I was getting those pains and they went away as soon as I started practising standing up
Warwick Jazzman
Hartke 1415 140Watt
Boss Overdrive
try to relax your muscles and stretch if you feel like your getting tight.
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
thanks for the advice guys, the pains have gone.

- Faisal
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
yeah man... sometimes u gotta changed your posture and how you play... i used to tighten up after one song till i learned some tricks. but these days have some good tricks... listen to em
stretch, work out a tad, stand up.

really, no being sarcastic (I think it could look tthat way, lol)
Remember, any time you play guitar you should be completely relaxed. That dos not mean hunch over the guitar.

Try to alow your arms(mainly or fretting arm) to just hang. IF you can just let your fretting arm/hand just hang there you will notice a vast improvement in your comfort and playing ability.

Good playing is all about not being tensed up, you know what i mean. Muscles are much faster and accurate when their loose, not when their tensed.
epic7734
Quote by benttwig33
stretch, work out a tad, stand up.

really, no being sarcastic (I think it could look tthat way, lol)

i also stand up when playing, i just sit down sometimes when practising. thanks for the help guys.

- Faisal
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild