Poll: How is the public transit in your city/town?
Poll Options
View poll results: How is the public transit in your city/town?
Great
13 13%
Good
20 19%
Decent
27 26%
Bad
20 19%
Nonexistant
18 17%
I've never taken public transit
6 6%
Voters: 104.
Page 1 of 2
Question.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

It's usually on time, but I hate how they let you buy a ticket you're not eligible for and then fine you when you use it.
yo.

I BELIEVE
What's public transit?

I'm British
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
there wasn't a "smelly, disgusting and chav-infested" option.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
meh, i cant complain...sometimes i just dont pay
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
Good service, yet they dont take any effort whatsoever to make the trains/buses not look like shit. Except for the VIVA, if anyone in GTA knows what that is.
I love neapolitan ice cream, but I HATE VANILA AND STRAWBERRY!

Tremulous Name:
Aaron-[UVache]
Quote by Dinkydaisy
What's public transit?

I'm British

Public transport; buses and trains and the rest.

Here, it's pretty good, but the public buses are used for the schoolbuggers so they can be late in the morning and afternoon.
Incredibly cramped, nothing like 20 people standing up together on a bus like a herd of penguins.
And yes, penguins live in herds...

>_>

<_<
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by justinp93
Good service, yet they dont take any effort whatsoever to make the trains/buses not look like shit. Except for the VIVA, if anyone in GTA knows what that is.

The GO buses are pretty clean too... It's really the TTC that's shit.

Anyways I don't mind it too much, as I use several public transit systems... some of which are good and others which are not. Can't really have a clear vote.
Quote by PT 2 DOOR RULE
If I have bad creepy dreams tonight, your ass is toast Still Life

Quote by skeptopotamus
Dream Sexy...dream Still Life...

Last.fm runs my life
I live in England, so transport is very good between cities, people who say otherwise generally have the blinkers on.

The bus route between Cambridge and where I live is quite poor, the train line stops running too early, but you can't win them all.
glasgow's pretty good actually, train links to ****ing everywhere, buses all over the place, an underground, taxis always 5 minutes away. pity about the neds...
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
I take the bus twice everyday and it's usually on time and it's usually heated with magazines to read. not the best seats but they aren't uncomfortable. but only about 3 out of 100 drivers I had were actually cool
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
My god, the transit where I live is terrible....never on time, overcrowded, the routes are the stupidest things I've ever seen (well, for the most part they are), and there's always the crazies.... Although I do have to say taking the transit is very entertaining to watch the crazies do weird shit.
I live in London.

Fucking awful. £2 for a bus ride if you don't have an oyster card. Fucking bastards.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
hmm...
that depends here on Phils.
there are many ways of public transit here...
there are:
Jeepneys - essentially the Jeeps that have been replicated by the locals which
are modeled after the first few Willys Jeeps arrived during WWII except that
these Jeeps have a more longer length rear-wise...
Buses - are more than much, there are two classes,
1. Airconditioned and
2. Non Airconditioned ones....
Taxi's - more convenient and safe, there are two classes
1. normal taxi's and
2. mega taxi's which are small SUV's turned to be a taxi...

so I'd say it's pretty decent around here cause of the number of public vehicles around... there are still other ways that you can go around town other than these ones I've listed...
Quote by BodaciousZac
They built a subway and then closed it before they even used it.

Awesometown isn't so awesome anymore.
Quote by PT 2 DOOR RULE
If I have bad creepy dreams tonight, your ass is toast Still Life

Quote by skeptopotamus
Dream Sexy...dream Still Life...

Last.fm runs my life
Fucking awesome where I live in Montreal. I have 5 different bus/metro/commuter train routes to choose from just to get downtown.

-Jacques
We have bus, and a lot of train options in the bay area, california. VTA bus, Muni bus, VTA Lightrail [little train], CalTrain, BART [Bay Area Rapid transit] AmTrack, Greyhound bus. i wish we had a metro system, like Paris. :P
no one except for that other guy from montreal is gonna know what i'm talking about but...

ya, montreal is pretty damn good, especially when you're going home at 1 in the morning and taking the yellow metro line from berri to longueuil, it's always empty, which is real fun if you're intoxicated, sometimes we play hide and seek in a single train compartment with 5 people and you still can't find each other....good times
New York City - depends on the neighborhood but its more fun in an upscale neighborhood, you can damage things. teh dodgier places - ewwwwww
Quote by gars jaloux
We have bus, and a lot of train options in the bay area, california. VTA bus, Muni bus, VTA Lightrail [little train], CalTrain, BART [Bay Area Rapid transit] AmTrack, Greyhound bus. i wish we had a metro system, like Paris. :P

Muni sucks. The buses are always crowded, rarely on time, and ancient egyptian hieroglyphs are easier to decipher than the Muni bus route maps. AC Transit sucks balls too. Just like the Muni buses, rarely on time, except they sometimes don't even show, or just "skip" the bus stop you're waiting at. The drivers are dicks too. BART is decent, except for the occasional "crazy" you get mumbling to himself or staring at you.
Translink sucks. Nuff said.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
My town doesn't have puplic transit so we just hijack a cow or two whenever we feel like leaving the house to stock up on granola bars and beer.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
New york has the best
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Quote by dingmydong
ya, montreal is pretty damn good, especially when you're going home at 1 in the morning and taking the yellow metro line from berri to longueuil, it's always empty, which is real fun if you're intoxicated, sometimes we play hide and seek in a single train compartment with 5 people and you still can't find each other....good times

I always leave downtown way too late for the metro; luckily enough there's a night bus that passes within 5 minutes of my house. Honestly, the night busses are amazing. My best experience happened when one guy had a guitar and the whole bus was drunkenly singing along to what he was playing. It was awesome.

Just to clarify, night busses leaving downtown on weekends are almost always fully packed, for those that don't know.

-Jacques
I've never taken a bus where I live (thirteen years and I've never been in an Irvine bus - damn!) but I'm guessing it's pretty good. Considering this is Irvine, they're probably pretty lean and well-kept.

We don't have subways or taxis.
Nonresistant, unless you count a few taxis.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
well i live in london and the transport is kinda crappy, it involves trains that smell like piss, tickets which are soooo over priced, and every soo often you get a train or bus blowing up. or just some asshole that cudnt work the bomb properly. us londoners just feel soooo loved.
Page 1 of 2