Just decided that I need a heavier gauge string, especially on my G string - thinking a .050, maybe .045

Looked through the Rotosound and DR list of strings and couldnt find anything with a .050 in Nickel. So this made me wonder what the difference between Nickel and Stainless Steel strings are.

I would be very grateful if someone explained
stainless steel is brighter sounding, better for slap etc

thats what ive been told
I'm probably gonna stay with nickel for now... I bought those stainless steel Rotosounds and they lost their tone very quickly and sound awful now. I bought the set around Christmastime and they are completely dead already.
Rotosound Stainless Steels are awesome! And in my opinion, they do retain that inital brightness longer. And they do last a bit longer then nickelwound strings before breaking.

Quote by SuperSnake2012
I'm probably gonna stay with nickel for now... I bought those stainless steel Rotosounds and they lost their tone very quickly and sound awful now. I bought the set around Christmastime and they are completely dead already.

http://www.tunemybass.com/strings/how_to_clean_bass_strings.html lol
Ok, a complete contradiction in people's opinion Well, will stick to Nickel as I am already happy with using them