Hey. Lately the clean channel on my amp has been acting up. I'll be playing and I'll notice a loss in volume for no reason so I was wondering if this was maybe a tube problem(or at least I hope it is).

Even if this doesn't sound like a pre amp tube problem, I'd still like to know what the sympotoms are from crappy pre amp tubes. Anyways thanks in advance.
Gibson Les Paul Classic w/Stetsbar
Fender MIM Strat w/ EMG DG20 System
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Memory Boy
Maxon OD9
EHX Big Muff
Vox Wah
EHX POG
I don't know what the symptoms are because i change my regularly. how long have you had it? I'd advise changing it if you had it for a while anyways and see if that fixes it.
Gear:

ESP EX-102
Marshall AVT150 Half-Stack
Quote by benjaminr
I don't know what the symptoms are because i change my regularly. how long have you had it? I'd advise changing it if you had it for a while anyways and see if that fixes it.

I've had it just under a year. I've replaced the power tubes already though.
Gibson Les Paul Classic w/Stetsbar
Fender MIM Strat w/ EMG DG20 System
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Memory Boy
Maxon OD9
EHX Big Muff
Vox Wah
EHX POG
Was it new when you bought it? Pre-amp tubes tend to last a really long time so if you bought it new, it's doubtful it's that. If you bought it used, it's a good chance it's tubes.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
Squire Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb RI
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
hmm....on my valveking the preamp tubes went after about 7 months. but it showed up as a very weak distorsion channel, so it probs isnt your pre-amp tubes, but im not sure how orange rockers work.
Quote by andrew7667
Pre-amp tubes tend to last a really long time
I thought the poweramp tubes lasted way longer than the preamp? Or is it the other way around?
when i got my amp new, the pre amp ones were completely dead and the power tubes worked pretty good.
if your pre amp tubes arent glowing orange like the power tubes should be, replace them
it happened to me and my amp was new from the store. but it was a floor model. but it was only there a short while anyways.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by De Amazing Blob
I thought the poweramp tubes lasted way longer than the preamp? Or is it the other way around?

No, other way around. Preamp tubes last much longer.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
Squire Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb RI
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
Power amp tubes last about 1-2 years.

Preamp tubes last about 3-5 years.

Its not your preamp tubes unless maybe you damaged them by banging the amp around.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals