Alright, I play a lot of metal, but I have a good pedal that can run my metal tones (EH Metal Muff), and I want an amp that can give me some good cleans so I can play some more bluesier stuff. Versatility is the word pretty much, and I don't really want to spend way too much as of yet ($1000+)
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Squier Fender Stratocaster
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960A Lead Cabinet
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

Check out my band:www.myspace.com/silentsurrendertx
Fender, no. Marshall, maybe if you crank and use a boost (talkin' 'bout the older models)

And don't use your Metal Muff as a distortion, use the amp's distortion, buy an amp made for gain.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Fender make the best clean sounding amps ever and are great to run pedals through.
-_0
How about a VOX AC30, not exactly built for metal, but they have more overdrive than a fender, and your pedal should help. They also have great cleans, it seems to me like the best compromise you can get.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
Ah, and I also forgot the final requisite I need on this amp.

It has to have the power to get louder than a drumset without crapping out and is capable of gigging.
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Squier Fender Stratocaster
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960A Lead Cabinet
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

Check out my band:www.myspace.com/silentsurrendertx
If you want an amp for metal, get an amp made for metal. One like that will sound a lot better than a clean amp overdriven by a metal muff.

And you can get loaaaads of high gain amps with great cleans.
Don't be afraid to care"

ENGLs, Mesas, Laneys, then all higher end boutique stuff. Loads more aswell, I'm just not too knowledgable on higher gain stuff.
Don't be afraid to care"

Last edited by R_H_C_P at Jan 20, 2007,
framus supposedly have great cleans too, I haven't tried them though.

that's getting up into big $$$ though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well an ENGL Screamer is a great idea. Great Fendery cleans, nice Marshally crunch and great high gain!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
A Laney GH100L(or GH50L) is very similar to a JCM 800 with more gain. They can also have some pretty good cleans coaxed out of them.
Quote by Gibson_Rocker
Id say find a used Triple Rectifier Combo or mybe the head if your willing to buy a cab. Mayb try this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Triple-XXX-Super-40-40W-1x12-Guitar-Combo?sku=481393 . Im not too knowledgable on the XXX but ive heard goo dthings about it and considering its been recomended to every metalhead on this forum asking for an amp......

I wouldn't consider either of those for versatility, to be honest. engl and many other amps will do the metal thing + versatility a lot better, in my opinion.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ the XXX has really nice cleans (for a budget high gain amp) imo. deffinatley lack luster next to my fender, but i dont' have a problem with them. especialy with a little delay/modulation.

http://gpderek09.dmusic.com/

that's all my XXX, shitty mic, bad mic placement, shitty recording program. and they still sound pretty good.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile