Alright I just got an crate 120 watt combo , pretty damn good , tone isnt the greatest but it will do you know. I heard the Epi valve on youtube and was blown away , my question is that if I go out and buy the head and a combo , how loud will it be? Im confused by the fact that it is a 5 watt head ??? I mean how loud will the amp be? Gig'able or not?
Why'd you buy the Crate if the tone isn't very good? Pretty stupid thing to do.

And the Epi will get to quite loud volumes, nothing OTT I doubt (with the right cab)
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Because i operate on a thing called , budget as a 15 year old budget sucks so I have to deal with it. I go after what i think is best for the money. OTT???
Crate... best for money? No.

Did you check out any Vox Valvetronix's etc? They're great for the money.

Just saying, but if you like your amp then good for you.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Crate... best for money? No.

Did you check out any Vox Valvetronix's etc? They're great for the money.

Just saying, but if you like your amp then good for you.

A 120W Crate is cheaper than a Vox of a similar output...
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Why are you so interested in output. 120watts is absolutely unnessasary.

By the way, if you look very close under your post, theres a WHOLE big thread by me about the VJ and you can ask all you want in there. I made it so a million people, like you (no offense), dont take up the forum.
Because I am gigging as of next week , for the past 6 gigs i've had a ****in MG 30 watt? I need the loudest thing possible for practice and gigs. Yes I checked the Vox they are great , but guess what unless ya'll can give me about 200 more for it Im stuck with what I have. Still no answer to the original question
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
Why are you so interested in output. 120watts is absolutely unnessasary.

By the way, if you look very close under your post, theres a WHOLE big thread by me about the VJ and you can ask all you want in there. I made it so a million people, like you (no offense), dont take up the forum.

yup, RIGHT UNDER IT yet he still makes a thread..
OK, to answer your original question, no. The VJ probably won't be loud enough to gig and practice with. 5 watts = not that loud. Great for practice in your room, and cranking up, but not enough for a gig.
^ i dunno about not that loud. Nobody else will want to be in the room with you if you're practicing, possibly not even in the same house.

its volume is very dependent on speakers. like all amps.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah you can mic it. What you also could do is to get multiple of them and running them togheter. Two 5 watt amps will be loud! I tried a VJ in a shop and cranked it was louder than anything (it was heard all over the shop!)
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
the epi 5 watt junior whateverthe****itis is actually pretty loud, cause its a tube, but probably not loud enough for gigging
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Member of the sXe club. pm to join.

My Crap:
Modded Squier Guitar
Digitech RP250
Squier SP10
^But considering the low price you could buy two and mic them up
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo