It sounds kinda like a synthesizer.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Open up the output jack (for that is its name), check the wires are all connected right. If they're not, rectify this.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
take it to a local dealer and get it checked out. messing with it yourself may just cause more damage.
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
In gr.8 we got into purple nurples so much that the school would suspend anyone they saw doing it. We had really good aim.
I'm not sure that this problem should be narrowed down to just your jack... It sounds more like some strange combinations of sound processing to me. Rather strange. Or some strange interfearance, generally jack problems a sudden cut out or a constant buzzing noise which you can't hear any guitar sounds over. Do you have other guitars to try your amp with?
Member of "The True British Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
Yeah, other guitars work fine with my amp. To record this I plugged my guitar directly into my Macbook + Garageband. This happens on both my three amps and my Mac.
This could be a number of problems I suppose. Have you noticed any of your potentiometers or your pickup switch making craclking noises a lot before this? (just out of interest)

I would take it to a music shop or someone who knows thier stuff.
Member of "The True British Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
That humming in the beginning definitely sounds like an output jack problem. If it's a strat, just unscrew the screws around it and look at it. If it's not a strat then I would take it in. Or look at the input jack on your amp- that could also be where the problem is.
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
wiring or matbe your cable sucks. couldn't listen to the sound clip
Keepa Cooli Baby at the shrine

PM HeartBreaker To Join Zeppelinism

Steey Dan Founding father

Bodhisattva wont you take me by the Hand?

Pm Caseguitar To Join the Steely Dan Club

Fender Armada #2 member Pm Arlabester to join

check the wires like strat said.

if not then swap ur guitar cable.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^^How many times do you find yourself having to post that pic on an average day, Jen?
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
after christmas it was almost a couple times a day.

i think most everyone got the idea by now.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

All the wires appear to be connected properly... I'm not sure what to do. Should I just buy another jack? Would that solve the problem?
if both wires are connected then swap ur guitar cable. thats a common problem too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62