IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN READING THIS, JUST SCROLL DOWN TO THE VIDEO CLIP AND WATCH, YOU DONT NEED TO READ THIS EXPLAINATION TO UNDERSTAND IT, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN READING IT, BE MY GUEST.

Ok the other day I was watching the discovery channel, and they were explaining how people react to groups. Like for example they would get 3 people who are in on the experiment and 1 lab rat so 4 people all together.

However the lab rat thinks that everyone is doing the same experiment as him (even though everyone is in on it expect him). The experiment was to see if some one would agree with the group's answer knowing it was wrong.

The experiment was to have the patients answer a question on which line was the same length as the original one they showed before, and then have they answered it out loud. The scientist purposely had the 3 actors choose the wrong answer ( all of them said C was the same length as the original line, even though it was way off, but answer choice A was correct).

So all the actors said the answer was C, and the lab rat answered his choice last, choosing A the correct answer. They did the experiment again, mixing up the answer choices. Again the lab rat went last after every one had chosen the wrong answer choice B when answer choice A was the correct once again. The lab rat went with answer choice B knowing it was wrong just because every one around him had chosen that answer choice showing how some one can be persuaded by a group.

This video clip shows the very same thing, but in a different way. Say you were walking down the street and about 100 people out of know where just started running in the opposite direction as you, would you run with them just because they are running in the opposite direction, or go with your own choice to continue going your original way you were heading? This is pretty funny to watch people's reactions, along with other group situations. Enjoy

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2007/01/crowd-prank.html
Last edited by the_man101 at Jan 20, 2007,
Psychology AS much? I did this in psychology - stupid conformity and social cryptonesia...sp..if you're interested in this sort of stuff, check out the Milgram experiment. The people who are in on the experiments are called, "confederates"
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee
Psychology AS much? I did this in psychology - stupid conformity and social cryptonesia...sp..if you're interested in this sort of stuff, check out the Milgram experiment. The people who are in on the experiments are called, "confederates"

no im not interested in it, i just wanted to show this funny internet clip, and explain how i saw the same thing on the discovery channel.
If 100 people started running, I would too. Honestly, who gives a shit if you're conforming? It'd be better than getting screwed by what they were running from.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
I liked the one where they randomly run up to the guy, toss him up a few times, and scatter. I also thought the one where they walk by the person all quietly, and then randomly duck down was pretty funny (the last part).
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Quote by E V H 5150
I liked the one where they randomly run up to the guy, toss him up a few times, and scatter. I also thought the one where they walk by the person all quietly, and then randomly duck down was pretty funny (the last part).

lol yea that one was funny, i also liked the one where they casually walk around the cornor and see a guy, points at him and shouts some japanese term and they all start chasing after him as if they were looking for him lol